Non Refundable Deposits on "sale" cruises

cruisingram1

If I booked under the "Time Away" promotion (non-refundable deposit), and months later, there is a better promotion for the same cruise (let's say the 3-for-Free promotion), and I decide to change my booking to the new promotion, will I lose the deposit that I made under the Time Away promotion and will need to pay for new deposit for the 3-for-Free refundable deposit promotion?

• Like 1

I'm pretty confused now, we have purchased what I called a Future Cruise Deposit (FCD) several tiems for hubby and I, onboard, then used it as deposits with my TA, within the allotted time, for another cruise. I believe this was in lieu of a 10% of the cruise cost which would be more. How does that differ from the (FCC), Future Cruise Certificate?

PS. At our age non refundable anything, cruise, hotel etc. is not for us, not ready to take a chance.

I'm pretty confused now, we have purchased what I called a Future Cruise Deposit (FCD) several tiems for hubby and I, onboard, then used it as deposits with my TA, within the allotted time, for another cruise. I believe this was in lieu of a 10% of the cruise cost which would be more. How does that differ from the (FCC), Future Cruise Certificate?

PS. At our age non refundable anything, cruise, hotel etc. is not for us, not ready to take a chance.

They are one and the same - and I’m pretty sure the correct term is indeed FCD.....sometimes people just mistakenly refer to them incorrectly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

For the non-refundable deposits where the FCC is used as a deposit, our TA has recommended not buying insurance until the payment in full is made, as the cost/benefit of insuring the deposit isn't that good. She then manages the booking such that the Princess Insurance does not have its premium paid until that time. (she is a good TA)

Your TA is not giving you the correct advice.

If you purchase Princess Vacation Protection, it is fully refundable until final payment - whether or not the deposit is. Therefore you don't lose anything by purchasing it when you make the deposit. The look-back period for the pre-existing conditions exclusion is based on when you purchase (pay for) the Princess Vacation Protection. If neither DW nor I have had a change in diagnosis or medication before deposit, I don't want to take the change that one of us will have a change right before final payment.

If you purchase third party travel insurance, many policies waive pre-existing conditions exclusions if you purchase the insurance soon after the deposit (check the policy for the exact number of days). If you wait until final payment, then you have no coverage for pre-existing conditions.

They are one and the same - and I’m pretty sure the correct term is indeed FCD.....sometimes people just mistakenly refer to them incorrectly.

There are several kinds of Future Cruise Certificates (FCCs) other than purchased Future Cruise Deposits (FCDs). For example, if you cancel a cruise for a non-covered reason with Princess Vacation Protection, then you receive a FCC. That FCC can be used to help pay for a cruise, but it cannot be used to pay the deposit. Only a purchased FCD can be used to pay the deposit.

There are several kinds of Future Cruise Certificates (FCCs) other than purchased Future Cruise Deposits (FCDs). For example, if you cancel a cruise for a non-covered reason with Princess Vacation Protection, then you receive a FCC.

... which is not a Future Cruise Certificate, but a Future Cruise Credit. ;p