Cozumel Pearl Farm

TerryNJon

• 5 months later...

I contacted them directly-it's a family business. I found them on Facebook plus when I googled them. Excellent reviews on trip advisor too.

Our cruise isn't until March but if we can we will book this visit to the pearl farm for something different. It's $110pp but you're gone for 6 hours.

I contacted them directly-it's a family business. I found them on Facebook plus when I googled them. Excellent reviews on trip advisor too.

Our cruise isn't until March but if we can we will book this visit to the pearl farm for something different. It's $110pp but you're gone for 6 hours.

I have been interested in doing this since they first opened several years ago and have looked into it several times.

Timing has always been my biggest concern while on a cruise ship day. You need to factor in additional time to and from pier to boat pick-up location. Location of the pearl farm is only accessible by boat and it concerns me what their back-up plans are if the boat breaks down, or weather turns bad.

The price of the excursion has increased significantly over the years but I agree it sounds fun and gets good reviews. I have only seen reviews on TA, don’t recall any on here. Please report back if you go.

I have been interested in doing this since they first opened several years ago and have looked into it several times.

Timing has always been my biggest concern while on a cruise ship day. You need to factor in additional time to and from pier to boat pick-up location. Location of the pearl farm is only accessible by boat and it concerns me what their back-up plans are if the boat breaks down, or weather turns bad.

The price of the excursion has increased significantly over the years but I agree it sounds fun and gets good reviews. I have only seen reviews on TA, don’t recall any on here. Please report back if you go.

So far our port time is 8am to 10pm so that will give us lots of time to try this.

The price includes the boat ride which, depending on weather is 30-45 minutes, guide, snorkel equipment, bottled water, lunch, beer, soft drinks. You get time to relax on hammocks or swim at the secluded beach. Maximum of 8 people.

It's a long way off before our cruise so I'm not booking anything until after final payment. It goes rain or shine so I hope for shine!

My hubby may not be interested though and I wouldn't go without him so we shall see.

So far our port time is 8am to 10pm so that will give us lots of time to try this.

The price includes the boat ride which, depending on weather is 30-45 minutes, guide, snorkel equipment, bottled water, lunch, beer, soft drinks. You get time to relax on hammocks or swim at the secluded beach. Maximum of 8 people.

It's a long way off before our cruise so I'm not booking anything until after final payment. It goes rain or shine so I hope for shine!

My hubby may not be interested though and I wouldn't go without him so we shall see.

That is certainly a long port day! Is that for your Celebrity cruise - you will need to taxi to and from International.

I might consider if I had that long a day but more likely will do it on a land vacation.

That is certainly a long port day! Is that for your Celebrity cruise - you will need to taxi to and from International.

I might consider if I had that long a day but more likely will do it on a land vacation.

Yes it's our Celebrity cruise-first time on Celebrity & first time in Cozumel. I'm hoping they don't change the port time as it gives us a nice long time there. My daughter was recently in Cozumel for a week of diving-I would have loved to go with her but timing wise it didn't work for me.

I'm not sure where the ship docks-what is international? I haven't researched yet how to get to the meeting point but it shouldn't be too far away by taxi and I "assume" there will be lots of taxis at the port.

Yes it's our Celebrity cruise-first time on Celebrity & first time in Cozumel. I'm hoping they don't change the port time as it gives us a nice long time there. My daughter was recently in Cozumel for a week of diving-I would have loved to go with her but timing wise it didn't work for me.

I'm not sure where the ship docks-what is international? I haven't researched yet how to get to the meeting point but it shouldn't be too far away by taxi and I "assume" there will be lots of taxis at the port.

We really enjoy Celebrity but most often cruise Royal for convenience. International is the Royal Caribbean pier in Cozumel where Celebrity will most likely dock. There are three piers in Cozumel be sure you know which one for your return journey.

Use Google maps to locate.

There will be “loads” of taxis in the tourist zone - one thing that Cozumel is definitely not short of! There will be a board outside the port at taxi dispatch displaying prices - be sure to check price with driver before leaving.

We really enjoy Celebrity but most often cruise Royal for convenience. International is the Royal Caribbean pier in Cozumel where Celebrity will most likely dock. There are three piers in Cozumel be sure you know which one for your return journey.

Use Google maps to locate.

There will be “loads” of taxis in the tourist zone - one thing that Cozumel is definitely not short of! There will be a board outside the port at taxi dispatch displaying prices - be sure to check price with driver before leaving.

Thank you for this information! Wow, 3 piers-and here I thought it would be one pier, one ship at a time! Wishful thinking on my part I guess. We live in western Canada so unless we want Alaska or Mexico we have to fly usually to Ft Lauderdale for our cruises. It's why we ended up booking the Koningsdam then the Celebrity cruise with 3 days in Ft Lauderdale in between. Our dollar sucks and hotels there are expensive but it's all part of the budget.

Thanks again for the info.

My family just visited Cozumel Pearl Farm last week...and it didn't disappoint! Our RCCL cruise was there from 7:00am (local time) to 5:00pm. We had 17 people going...and the Farm was able to accommodate us. It did take (2) separate departure times for our family...one at 8:00am-2:00pm, and then 9:00am - 3:00pm. I only wish we could have stayed longer! It was fantastic though. Our youngest was 5 y/o...and our oldest was 74. It was perfect for everyone.

I think, ideally though...you would want to have a group of 8-9 people (max). Then you could really feel the privacy, and enjoy the entire day to yourselves. The boat ride to/from the farm is app. 45 mins. And you will need to take a taxi...which is so easy to locate. We left the ship at 7:30am (Intl cruise port) and made our 8:00am meet time easily. Yes, the $110 is high...but in line with the other full day excursions offered from RCCL. This really is a hidden gem. I would highly recommend to anyone venturing to Cozumel. We had no issues with "timing"...and everyone who worked with us was great.

This is a family run business. Poncho and Isabelle did a fantastic job of explaining how they got into the business of pearls and the specifics of how the farm is run. I found it incredibly interesting and informative. The snorkeling was great. They do this "speed snorkeling" which is basically holding onto a rope where the boat gently pulls you through terrain. It was *perfect* for my 73 y/o mom, and our little ones. But the coup de tat is certainly the beauty of the beach. Our kids loved the white sand beach, my family the exclusivity/privacy of the time spent there, and personally...I loved my nap in the hammock!

I would highly recommend Cozumel Pearl Farm to all travelers. Your ticket price helps the family run their ecologically and innovative Pearl farm. Read the other posts on Facebook. They are all very accurate.

What fabulous information cruisingpadawan, thank you! I've read good reviews on Trip Advisor and your post settles it-I'm going to see if anyone else from our group wants to go.

We love to snorkel-was there much to see? We always bring our underwater camera just in case.

Thanks again.

No problem. I posted on Trip Advisor too...but it's here that I find all of my excursions/port information/cruise info. Because I didn't see anything posted about the Pearl Farm...I did contemplate...but the TA/FB posts were all so detailed...we decided to go. I knew I would post here after we returned.

Truthfully...I have heard snorkeling can be better on the other side of the island. Because of the multi-generational family trip...this was definitely the way to go for us. You might want to look into another excursion if you are really into snorkeling. It was definitely cool to see how the pearls are grown, farmed. There's also a little story in the water that the family talks about...all part of their farming history that I don't want to spoil. :) That was neat. But the snorkeling wasn't a huge part. It's app. 45 mins (including 1.5 miles out to snorkel site). I would have liked more time...but we did have (2) groups and it isn't the "main attraction" either. You can always choose to bring your own and swim our further?

Enjoy!

My family just visited Cozumel Pearl Farm last week...and it didn't disappoint! Our RCCL cruise was there from 7:00am (local time) to 5:00pm. We had 17 people going...and the Farm was able to accommodate us. It did take (2) separate departure times for our family...one at 8:00am-2:00pm, and then 9:00am - 3:00pm. I only wish we could have stayed longer! It was fantastic though. Our youngest was 5 y/o...and our oldest was 74. It was perfect for everyone.

I think, ideally though...you would want to have a group of 8-9 people (max). Then you could really feel the privacy, and enjoy the entire day to yourselves. The boat ride to/from the farm is app. 45 mins. And you will need to take a taxi...which is so easy to locate. We left the ship at 7:30am (Intl cruise port) and made our 8:00am meet time easily. Yes, the $110 is high...but in line with the other full day excursions offered from RCCL. This really is a hidden gem. I would highly recommend to anyone venturing to Cozumel. We had no issues with "timing"...and everyone who worked with us was great.

This is a family run business. Poncho and Isabelle did a fantastic job of explaining how they got into the business of pearls and the specifics of how the farm is run. I found it incredibly interesting and informative. The snorkeling was great. They do this "speed snorkeling" which is basically holding onto a rope where the boat gently pulls you through terrain. It was *perfect* for my 73 y/o mom, and our little ones. But the coup de tat is certainly the beauty of the beach. Our kids loved the white sand beach, my family the exclusivity/privacy of the time spent there, and personally...I loved my nap in the hammock!

I would highly recommend Cozumel Pearl Farm to all travelers. Your ticket price helps the family run their ecologically and innovative Pearl farm. Read the other posts on Facebook. They are all very accurate.

Welcome to CC. Thanks for your report and hope you enjoyed your other ports of call.

I was under the impression they only took 8 people maximum per day? Did the same boat have to come back for your second party? Was it difficult to get on and off the boat?

You say the price was similar to other RCCL excursions- did you book this direct, or through the ship. Was it the same price for children?

Thanks! We did have a good time at our other 2 ports too.

The boat maximum capacity is 8 adults. Because over half of our party were "kids"...they were able to make it in (2) trips. 4 adults/4 children left at 8am and then 4 adults, 5 kids at 9am. B/c of the tight schedule...we did only get 1 trip there in the boat. Our return trip was part boat/part ride back via auto transport. The first leg for my other party went auto transport/boat first and then got the 45 min boat journey on their way back. It wasn't a big deal for our family...but would have been nice to do a boat ride both ways. But the team was super sweet about accommodating our large party.

That's why I think it's ideal if you have 8-9 maximum. You get the boat ride to/from and can maximum your time spent on the island. Kids are slightly less...I think it was $85 for 6-12 yrs. 5 and under are free. You book/reserve via FB and then they confirm/send you a Paypal for deposit. I messaged them and it took app. 24 hrs to receive a response. Truthfully...I usually don't book excursions with the cruise line. I find them a little bit expensive. But when I looked at the RCCL Cozumel excursions...many offered were $100 - 120 range.

• 6 months later...

After 18 trips to Cozumel, I just found out about the pearl farm this morning through TripAdvisor.  I emailed a request and had a response within hours.  Our ship is docking late (12:00 - 10:00), but they graciously agreed to provide a tour 2.5 hours later than their normal time.  I know that I was never happy to work 2.5 hours later than normal, so I really appreciate that.  The 320 photos on TripAdvisor and glowing reviews are impressive; we cannot wait to go in May.