ms Volendam in Juneau May 18, 2018

Scrapnana

Volendam will be the only ship in port on Friday. She will be at the CT dock from 1300-2200.

It is supposed to be another lovely day in Juneau with a high temperature of 73F/23C (low of 46F/8C) with partly cloudy skies. Once again, the rain chances are 0! Sunrise is at 4:24 am and sunset at 9:26 pm.

The PTZtv webcam can be found at http://www.juneauharborwebcam.com/ .

Next up: Nieuw Amsterdam and Eurodam on Monday.

Volendam will be the only ship in port on Friday. She will be at the CT dock from 1300-2200.

It is supposed to be another lovely day in Juneau with a high temperature of 73F/23C (low of 46F/8C) with partly cloudy skies. Once again, the rain chances are 0! Sunrise is at 4:24 am and sunset at 9:26 pm.

The PTZtv webcam can be found at http://www.juneauharborwebcam.com/ .

Next up: Nieuw Amsterdam and Eurodam on Monday.

Did they move Juneau to another location? This doesn't sound like the previous 2 seasons at all.

I will try to remember to be here, at least I have a printed schedule now - to help.

Did they move Juneau to another location? This doesn't sound like the previous 2 seasons at all.

Summer hasn't started yet. It seems to rain most of the time during summer in Juneau.;)

Roy,

Thinking of sister ships - we had a full ship 1400+ on Zaandam, replaced the departees in SD, and in Vancouver - replaced all but a couple of hundred [these were mostly young and of drinking age].

Disembarkation was a breeze, I was one of the last. The only line of any length was 'Non-US citizens'. About 10 groups and only 1 worker.

I would have to get a room with a shower to go on Zaandam again.

She doesn't look like she'll be early today, still too far away for a half hour sailing.

After your recent trip would you be likely to take Amtrak from Seattle to Florida again. BTW, we're expecting major flooding of the Potomac in Maryland this weekend.

Roy

After your recent trip would you be likely to take Amtrak from Seattle to Florida again. BTW, we're expecting major flooding of the Potomac in Maryland this weekend.

Roy

Yes, if I had a reason to be on the Left Coast, I would take anyone of the long-distance trains [except Sunset Lmtd - I used it several times when it used to go from Orlando/Winter Park to LA] to try the other ones.

I would like to do Chgo to Seattle sometime [not Portland - they are like the red-headed stepchild on that train set-up]. I could ride trains all summer if I could afford it. :D

Yes, if I had a reason to be on the Left Coast, I would take anyone of the long-distance trains [except Sunset Lmtd - I used it several times when it used to go from Orlando/Winter Park to LA] to try the other ones.

I would like to do Chgo to Seattle sometime [not Portland - they are like the red-headed stepchild on that train set-up]. I could ride trains all summer if I could afford it. :D

I hope you'll be following along when I ride the Canadian to Vancouver in July.

Roy

Kathy,

Did you see where someone took out the pole and gates at the RR xing at Myrtle St at 11:15 am with their car?

Carole

No, and it hasn't been on the news here either. Maybe it happens so often that it is not "news" anymore.;)