All things Anthem

Misty_Que

This will be our first cruise on a Quantum class ship so I want to know all the good stuff like best places to eat, quiet or secret spaces/decks, things to do, etc. Just anything and everything about Anthem to help make our cruse that much better. I have gathered a few tidbits of info while browsing but I am sure there is more that I missed.

Thanks!

Welcome to Anthem. I cant speak for everyone of course but the saying "the early bird gets the worm" fits on this ship. What I mean is Anthem has an awesome Solarium but in order to get a good deckchair arrive very early. People hold seats for a very long time and I havent seen any staff monitor these seats. This also applies to the outdoor pool as well. Arriving early also works well for the shows. You just want to make sure you get a good seat.

All the complimentary restaurants are good. I cant comment too much since everyone has different tastes. The Grande is a must though. The lobster was delicious. A jacket is required for men since its a "formal" dining experience. Also, I will comment on Chops Grill. Its not complimentary but the food is great. I had the 20oz porterhouse and it was one of the best steaks Ive ever had. Ive heard mixed reviews of Jaime Olivers Italian. The food may be a hit/miss depending on your style. I also ordered room service one night and the food was pretty good and it arrived within 15-20 minutes.

As for the quiet spaces it depends on the time of day. If you're at sea and want a deckchair in the afternoon its best to proceed the front or aft of the ship. People tend to congregate on the sides more as they are closer to the bars and pool. A new area called "Two70" is relatively quiet. It has a very home feel with great views and comfortable seats. There is also Cafe Two70 which has paninis, sandwiches, a salad bar, and coffee shop.

There are way too many activities to list on here. But they are all fun. A few examples would be bumper cars, roller skating, karaoke, dance parties, game shows, rock climbing, iFly , just to name a few. The North Star is also nice. Just be aware this requires a reservation and if weather permits.

Download and use the Royal IQ app which can be used while on the ship. This allows you to have a digital compass, calendar of activities you choose, reserve shows and text other people on the ship. A very great tool.

And whatever else you may need do not hesitate to let the crew know. They are extremely helpful and attentive. My wife has a few food allergies and the day before they make sure to let the chef know so he/she can make her meal separately just to avoid cross contamination. They really really really take this seriously. Which is obviously a great thing.

Anthem is a great ship. Im really impressed with what they accomplished with such a massive ship. Really this ship is huge. And its not even the largest in the fleet. Just remember to be involved in as many activities as you can, eat/drink as much as you can and RELAX. This is your vacation. It'll be great.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Just got off the Anthem today and will try and post a full review later but here's my one tip! Book your North Star and I-fly as early in the cruise as you can. I had I-fly on the 2nd to last sea day of a nine day cruise and due to winds, they closed the upper decks and therefore, I-fly was cancelled. I was unable to get in on the final sea day due to other events I had planned but did read that others were able to get on by going standby. But just in case, book early so you have plenty of time to get it in!

She is a beautiful ship!

Do you need a Internet Package to use Royal IQ ?

Yes I believe so. It only works when connected to Royal Wifi.

No, you do not need an internet package to use Royal IQ. Just put your phone in airplane mode and then enable wifi. You will then be able to access all the free features of Royal IQ, like reservations, cruise compass, and your planner. You can also buy a texting/calling feature for $7.95 per device for the length of the cruise. This will allow you to call and text others on the ship.