DH Converts From a Cruise Hater to a Cruise Lover!

April42749

One morning, it was about 10am, I wandered onto the pool deck and sure enough, there he was at the pool bar! He saw me and ordered me a drink! C’mon man! I could still taste the bacon I had for breakfast.

Bacon and Bloody Marys go well together.

Great to hear you're considering the 14 day cruise. Don't fret about the sea days - there are plenty of things to do on the ship - you'll need to find time to be bored!!

We have been on 5 Transatlantic cruises - lots of sea days - and we loved them. Two months ago we were on the Getaway (which is Breakaway's sister ship) for 14 days TA and had great time. Each day the dailies were full of activities ... so you two will be fine!

ENJOY!!!

P.S. may I recommend you get a mini-suite - best bathroom - great big shower!

Not "considering" any longer...booked it!

This will be our 5th time on the BA. Although DH always said "he hated" cruising, he would go and act like he did me a big favor. However, rumor has it at our gym...he told people he had a great time last month on the BA.

The changeover came when I showed him the cost of a week on land in Florida and how "economically irresponsible" it was to pay so much for that. I lost a ton of weight and have kept it off for almost a year. But I need a gym, I need lots of vegetables...and a few other requirements....all available and included with the cruise. On land....just a hotel with a gym for a week would be about the cost of the cruise.

But, the best part was that the price went down significantly yesterday! So, I showed him "my even bigger value".

I always tell my friends (who have all kinds of excuses for not sailing) that cruising is a "no-brainer". You can make it as inexpensive or as expensive as you want. But, you don't need the stress and complications of traveling to your land destination. You get on the ship and it's all there.

Not "considering" any longer...booked it!

This will be our 5th time on the BA. Although DH always said "he hated" cruising, he would go and act like he did me a big favor. However, rumor has it at our gym...he told people he had a great time last month on the BA.

The changeover came when I showed him the cost of a week on land in Florida and how "economically irresponsible" it was to pay so much for that. I lost a ton of weight and have kept it off for almost a year. But I need a gym, I need lots of vegetables...and a few other requirements....all available and included with the cruise. On land....just a hotel with a gym for a week would be about the cost of the cruise.

But, the best part was that the price went down significantly yesterday! So, I showed him "my even bigger value".

I always tell my friends (who have all kinds of excuses for not sailing) that cruising is a "no-brainer". You can make it as inexpensive or as expensive as you want. But, you don't need the stress and complications of traveling to your land destination. You get on the ship and it's all there.

Congrats!! Since it's the full payment time there is no going back!

Funnily enough, when you mentioned NYC and Feb, I had a quick look at the BA Feb 2018 cruise itineraries and found this Southern Caribbean,I whistled to myself, wow that's a great itinerary but had to resist myself as we have already booked 2 cruises in 2018, as well as the Escape 14 Day Southern Caribbean in Jan 2019.

I haven't told my DH about the BA Feb 2018 itinerary ... no!! He'll want to go but NO!! :cool::cool:

If your DH (and you, of course) really enjoyed the Feb cruise, would you consider booking the Escape Jan 2019 Southern Caribbean out of NYC??? :D

Congrats!! Since it's the full payment time there is no going back!

Funnily enough, when you mentioned NYC and Feb, I had a quick look at the BA Feb 2018 cruise itineraries and found this Southern Caribbean,I whistled to myself, wow that's a great itinerary but had to resist myself as we have already booked 2 cruises in 2018, as well as the Escape 14 Day Southern Caribbean in Jan 2019.

I haven't told my DH about the BA Feb 2018 itinerary ... no!! He'll want to go but NO!! :cool::cool:

If your DH (and you, of course) really enjoyed the Feb cruise, would you consider booking the Escape Jan 2019 Southern Caribbean out of NYC??? :D

I'm sure we'll do the Escape....probably Bermuda. Let's see how 2 weeks on a ship goes before I plan 2019.

Besides the price of this cruise vs Miami/MSC cruise....was that most of these ports are new to both of us.