Sydney Hotel

rweddle

Need recommendation on a hotel in Sydney for one night before and after a cruise

First question is where are you leaving from.

Sydney has two docks,

White Bay

Or

The Overseas Passenger Terminal (OPT) at the Rocks

If you're unsure tell us your ship and sail date and someone will look it up, often just telling the ship answers the question as many can't fit under the bridge to get to White Bay.

Also some idea of your budget might assist as you can pay (also depends on timing) from about $200 for Ibis to a few Thousand for Park

Hyatt

We are on the HA Noordam 2-28 to 3-14 and on the RCL Voyager Of The Seas 3-15 to 3-26. Would like a hotel room for $150 or less

Doubt you'll get anything in the city for under $150 even the IBIS in Pitt Street which would be worth considering is showing more than that at the time

Noordam is White Bay both days

Voyager is OPT.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Doubt you'll get anything in the city for under $150 even the IBIS in Pitt Street which would be worth considering is showing more than that at the time

Noordam is White Bay both days

Voyager is OPT.

We will be coming in on Diamond Princess in March 2018. Can you tell me what port we would go into?

I was looking at hotels on booking dot com and the Valentine on George looked quite affordable with good location. What is your opinion of that hotel?

Thanks for info.

Hi, we will be boarding the Radiance of The Seas from Sydney on Nov. 7-18, can anyone please let me know where do they dock? We booke our hotel near Winyard station. Thanks.

From Wynyard won't be much difference.

Walk to ferry to White Bay or quick taxi to OPT.

PRETTY SURE ITLL BE OPT.

• 1 month later...
First question is where are you leaving from.

Sydney has two docks,

White Bay

Or

The Overseas Passenger Terminal (OPT) at the Rocks

If you're unsure tell us your ship and sail date and someone will look it up, often just telling the ship answers the question as many can't fit under the bridge to get to White Bay.

Also some idea of your budget might assist as you can pay (also depends on timing) from about $200 for Ibis to a few Thousand for Park

Hyatt

Hi GUT2407,I have seen your posts on the Princess board and was hoping you might be able to give some advice.We are arriving in Sydney on April 5th,in the evening staying at Holiday Inn,Old Sydney.We are trying to find some decent family restaurants in the area,if they exist.We are partial to Italian but enjoy all foods.Our plan is to do the HOHO bus on one of our 2 days and just wander the other day.We are embarking HAL Noordam on April 8th.Any idea which pier we will be at?Your opinions are sincerely appreciated!

We've booked the North Sydney Harbourview Hotel for our pre-cruise stay in October (Golden Princess). Any thoughts on this hotel? The price seemed reasonable (USD$) and it looks like a pretty good location to a couple of nights to see some sights in Sydney.

We've booked the North Sydney Harbourview Hotel for our pre-cruise stay in October (Golden Princess). Any thoughts on this hotel? The price seemed reasonable (USD$) and it looks like a pretty good location to a couple of nights to see some sights in Sydney.

We have stayed there a few times now. Harbour views are spectacular. You will be able to watch cruise ships arriving and leaving. Easy travel to the city.

Hi,

We will be on the Celebrity Solstice next year and staying two nights, pre-cruise in Sydney. Can I assume that since the ship is large that we will also be docked at OPT?

May I ask why that matters to where one stays? We are looking at the Shangri-La. Any opinions on the hotel?

Thank you

Just got off the Solstice. It left from the OPT. It matters if your time in Sydney is short because the circular quay area where the OPT is located is really nice, so much to do and see, the Opera House, etc. We stayed at the Marriott and walked to the ship with our bags. Very short and easy. The Marriott construction is almost finished. Even with the noise in the lobby area, the hotel staff could not have been nicer. Enjoy your trip, ours was fantastic. Solstice did not disappoint!

Hi,

We will be on the Celebrity Solstice next year and staying two nights, pre-cruise in Sydney. Can I assume that since the ship is large that we will also be docked at OPT?

May I ask why that matters to where one stays? We are looking at the Shangri-La. Any opinions on the hotel?

Thank you

Yep it'll be the OPT.

NEVER stayed at Shangri-La but ever heard anything other than positive.

We also were just off the Solstice ( great cruise) and also stayed at the Marriott. Great hotel and location. One block from Circular Quay and a two from the port. You can walk right up to the terminal Easy flat walk even with lugggage. Enjoy!

Thank you all!

We will be staying 2-3 nights in Sydney, so we don't necessarily need to be near the quay.

Does anyone know how far away the Shangri-La hotel is from the port? We liked the looks of the rooms better than at the Marriott, but certainly have not ruled the M out. ;) I didn't know they were renovating. We don't go until a year from now.