NCL waiting to announce 2018 caribbean itinerary changes?

my3sonsnj

Epic just announced itinerary changes through the end of February. I think they are working as fast as they can to find ports for all of their ships and will let passengers know as plans are confirmed.

There are lots of rumors that NCL will not officially announce eastern/southern caribbean itinerary changes for 2018 (especially on 12+ days cruises) until after cancellation penalties apply.

Any thoughts?

My wife and I are in the boat, 14 Day on the BA 2-2-18. However we will cancel if we don't have the itinerary. Maybe we will rebook when it does come out, maybe will just go to Aruba. I have noticed over the last 10-14 days a lot of Haven Cabins opening up

Epic just announced itinerary changes through the end of February. I think they are working as fast as they can to find ports for all of their ships and will let passengers know as plans are confirmed.
Where did you see these changes?

Sent from my 2PQ93 using Tapatalk

We are on the Epic over Thanksgiving and we received an email yesterday with the updated itinerary through February 2018. I realize this is the Epic and not the Dawn or Breakaway. But they are trying.
Thanks!I'm on the epic Jan 13 sailing and hadn't heard anything.

Sent from my 2PQ93 using Tapatalk

On Epic 12/16 to Virgin Islands. Got Email monday, new schedule is Grand Cayman, Jamaica, and NCL Cay. If these were the original destinations, I would not have booked as we have been there, done that. But, it is what it is. Am I really going to complain about being on a great ship, sailing into the caribbean with free drinks, and $400 OBC? I don't think so.

On Epic 12/16 to Virgin Islands. Got Email monday, new schedule is Grand Cayman, Jamaica, and NCL Cay. If these were the original destinations, I would not have booked as we have been there, done that. But, it is what it is. Am I really going to complain about being on a great ship, sailing into the caribbean with free drinks, and $400 OBC? I don't think so.

What would you complain ABOUT? A hurricane?

Ya im on the 14 day sailing in jan 2018.

I got an email saying 2 weeks. It should be in 2 weeks

People save a full year to know where they are going. Im in no mood fir a 14 day bahama/fl itinerary

I hear you, I've been making payments on my 2/18 cruise for 1.5 years. This is a big deal to us and definitely do not want to stop in FL or Bahamas. I could have done that much cheaper ;) on a 7 day cruise, lol. I think people booking out of NYC for the Caribbean cruises are doing so to get to places that a one week cruise just can't do without flying to a different port.

I am really wondering why NCL has announced altered itineraries for Epic and Escape but not the 2 Southern Caribbean cruises on the Breakaway or the Eastern Caribbean cruises on the Gem?

I got this email this morning regarding our 14 day on the BA 2-2-18

Laszlo:

Thank you for you for your patience, we are hopeful that we will have all port confirmations in this morning and the letters will go out this afternoon or first thing Thursday morning.

Best,

Vivian 薇薇安

Vivian Ewart| Vice President, Passenger Services

North America and China

vewart@ncl.com

305-436-4011 | fax 305-436-4036

NORWEGIAN CRUISE LINE

7665 Corporate Center Drive | Miami FL 33126

cid:image001.jpg@01D33CE8.710468F0

I hear you, I've been making payments on my 2/18 cruise for 1.5 years. This is a big deal to us and definitely do not want to stop in FL or Bahamas. I could have done that much cheaper ;) on a 7 day cruise, lol. I think people booking out of NYC for the Caribbean cruises are doing so to get to places that a one week cruise just can't do without flying to a different port.

I am really wondering why NCL has announced altered itineraries for Epic and Escape but not the 2 Southern Caribbean cruises on the Breakaway or the Eastern Caribbean cruises on the Gem?

Totally agree with you Jeanette...the itinerary is a big deal to us too. If we wanted to do a western there were many other options available (including 14 days) for those. So fingers crossed that we hear definitively soon. If we start to come up against the 90 day mark and we still don't know we will be cancelling.

Joe

Laszlo:

Thank you for you for your patience, we are hopeful that we will have all port confirmations in this morning and the letters will go out this afternoon or first thing Thursday morning.

Best,

Vivian 薇薇安

North America and China

vewart@ncl.com

NORWEGIAN CRUISE LINE

Oh this is great news! Hopefully the uncertainty will soon be gone. (y)

Joe

Don't hold your breath! My fiancee spoke to someone on the executive team who are the ones apparently rerouting everyone. They said Monday they would know by evening and we would all be informed on Tuesday morning. There is still no word and we leave on 10/31!!!!

Laszlo:

Best,

Vivian 薇薇安

North America and China

vewart@ncl.com

NORWEGIAN CRUISE LINE

Don't hold your breath! My fiancee spoke to someone on the executive team who are the ones apparently rerouting everyone. They said Monday they would know by evening and we would all be informed on Tuesday morning. There is still no word and we leave on 10/31!!!!

Maybe the difference is you have already paid.....who knows?, our final payments are not due for 3-4 weeks. Some people have already cancelled, NCL knows more will if we don't see the new itinerary by final payment

I get the fact that we all pick cruises based on itineraries, but getting mad at the cruise line for these changes is silly. There are a handful of popular islands that have been absolutely devastated by these hurricanes. The cruise lines don’t control nature. I’m not sure what else you’d like the cruise line to do...

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Totally agree with you Jeanette...the itinerary is a big deal to us too. If we wanted to do a western there were many other options available (including 14 days) for those. So fingers crossed that we hear definitively soon. If we start to come up against the 90 day mark and we still don't know we will be cancelling.

Joe

I can wholeheartedly understand your concerns as far as the itinerary changing ports in the Southern Caribbean for ports in Florida and the Bahamas. I hope they can stick as closely to the original schedule as possible and if some of the ports are not viable I would hope they were switched out for others at least in the Southern area.

If we have to visit ports over again and that is almost always the case for us with dozens of cruises to the Caribbean we have always found new things to see and do as well as view changes from one year to another.

Although I greatly enjoy the Stories and thoughts of the great fictional Sherlock Holmes I do believe he was wrong when he stated, "There is nothing new under the sun. It has all been done before." From A Study in Scarlet..

In any case I hope tomorrow's news will be good for all.

bosco

I've been (im)patiently waiting to hear the new itinerary for our 1/23 cruise on the Gem. I know they're scrambling, and I'm trying to just wait...but the over-planner in me is freaking out not knowing where we'll be headed LOL. I will not cancel, just make the best of it. But I am anxious to begin looking into options for how to spend our port time at wherever we'll be headed. Fingers crossed it's not Bahamas and FL...

I've been (im)patiently waiting to hear the new itinerary for our 1/23 cruise on the Gem. I know they're scrambling, and I'm trying to just wait...but the over-planner in me is freaking out not knowing where we'll be headed LOL. I will not cancel, just make the best of it. But I am anxious to begin looking into options for how to spend our port time at wherever we'll be headed. Fingers crossed it's not Bahamas and FL...

I have similar concerns not only with planning for whatever itinerary we end up with but also cancelling reservations already made in ports that may no longer be on the itinerary.

And yes, I want NCL to be as considerate of guests on the Breakaway and Gem as they have been to guests on the Epic and Escape. I am flexible about the itinerary as long as it is an all "Caribbean" itinerary and not some hybrid Florida/Bahamas/Caribbean itinerary.

I too am on the Halloween 11-day cruise and they are announcing changes to cruises that are taking place in December and January and we're less than 4 weeks away from our cruise date with still no updates to the '2-week wait' that NCL emailed everyone about. I see the Gem is in Bar Harbor ME right now, I would hate to think that they may possibly change a Caribbean Cruise to a Canada Cruise.... Would be ecstatic if they changed to a Southern Cruise to the ABC isles...