Platinum son has no cruise history

jdvmd

I have been dealing with this all day today. My son, who is turning 20 in a few days, should have platinum status with NCL. Research today shows he has been given eight different Latitudes numbers all through the years. When setting up his NCL account today, kept getting the message, no history has been found until I got to one number. I created the account, logged in to the history and it shows he has no sailings and is "-1 point away from a bronze member." I am beyond frustrated and with the whole "beginning Feb. 2016 thing" I wonder if this can be corrected. Last NCL cruise for him was July 2012.

I have read that NCL will go back only one year to credit past cruises to a MyNCL account.

That is correct according to the Latititudes FAQ's.

OP, here is the contact number and link to the FAQ's . Hopefully they will be helpful for you.

Call 866-234-0292.

https://www.ncl.com/latitudes-rewards-program/faq

The problem is with child accounts you can't see anything until they turn 18, so it is hard to tell when there is a problem. I have been careful to use the same Latitudes number for my son on each cruise so I am hoping when he turns 18 in three years they are all there. I think you should call the Latitudes customer service and tell them what the problem is and see if they can combine all the Latitudes numbers he has used. Hopefully by doing that all the cruises are there.

If your son is just now turning 20 and his previous cruise was in 2012 then he probably wouldn't have any points. I believe you have to be 18 to be enrolled in the Latitudes Rewards program.

No, children can be enrolled and have a Latitudes number, they just don't their status or get any benefits until their first cruise after the age of 18.

As said, the cruises rack up until after they are 18. If there was a problem.. you have some work to go. Plan on being very patient.

Good news, bad news. The perks are not that big of a deal... at least not enough to get grey hairs or an ulcer over.

I hope you get it cleared up.

No, children can be enrolled and have a Latitudes number, they just don't their status or get any benefits until their first cruise after the age of 18.

This is correct. I just looked it up in the terms and conditions. Technically, to be "eligible" for the program you must be at least eighteen years of age and have completed and eligible cruise. The terms specifically state that for minors who travel before their 18th birthday they will be credited with those points AFTER the completion of first cruise after turning 18.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

This is correct. I just looked it up in the terms and conditions. Technically, to be "eligible" for the program you must be at least eighteen years of age and have completed and eligible cruise. The terms specifically state that for minors who travel before their 18th birthday they will be credited with those points AFTER the completion of first cruise after turning 18.

True, I should have said that they are credited after their first cruise after turning 18. So the first cruise after the age of 18 is with no status. Then they are credited and their second cruise after the age of 18 they have whatever status their accumulated points confer. Which could be different than parents who maybe sailed on all the same cruises but are grandfathered in to the old point system.

True, I should have said that they are credited after their first cruise after turning 18. So the first cruise after the age of 18 is with no status. Then they are credited and their second cruise after the age of 18 they have whatever status their accumulated points confer. Which could be different than parents who maybe sailed on all the same cruises but are grandfathered in to the old point system.

You make another important point. He will not be enrolled until the first cruise after his 18th birthday, which means he will enroll under now-current terms, not the terms/grandfathered that the parents may enjoy.

I have found some emails from NCL Latitudes Clerical that seem to verify the one number that I was able to use to create his account today.

All of his history was included in the emails.

If I am reading everything correctly above, it sounds like he will be good BUT only after taking another cruise. I'll call tomorrow just to find out.

Thanks everybody!

You make another important point. He will not be enrolled until the first cruise after his 18th birthday, which means he will enroll under now-current terms, not the terms/grandfathered that the parents may enjoy.

Oh no.

Oh no.

It is just a hyper-technical point I am noting. I'm not even sure if it has any meaningful impact for your son. But if you find some point discrepancy after his cruise that might explain it (although, I'll admit going back and retroactively adjusting his point totals seems wrong to me).

Our son was given his own Latitude number AND points aged 12 upon completing his first NCL cruise, and then I made sure to use his number when booking subsequent cruises he was on. Now he is Gold after 6 cruises - he has his own MyNCL account and his points, status and past cruises are shown there.

Kids can start accumulating points from their first NCL cruise (as long as their correct Latitude numbers are used in bookings) but they do not get the perks until they are 18.

Well that explains why my 22 year old son is listed on our upcoming reservations as "Child Latitudes" (this will be his first cruise since he turned 18). So I guess he will be Bronze after this sailing.

They get their points that have accumulated after their first cruise as an adult. Dd21 and ds19 took their 4th NCL cruise in May, I was told that their points would show up after that cruise was over, and they would be gold.

Did this happen?

Good luck! I recently had to clear up my own history from when I was a kid on Princess. Luckily, their records went back to 1998 or so even though their computer system really only started tracking in the 2000s. I only lost a couple of cruises. This reminds me to go check my own kids' numbers.

Ask them to check your own number (or your husband's) and see if they can verify cruises for your son that way. Luckily, my parents have been in the same house since the late 80s and they found a couple of early cruises of mine by checking my dad's account, which they found through his address.

Wanted to give an update. I called NCL and all of my son's cruising history is accurate. It is 100 percent true that he will not receive any perks for our upcoming sailing on the Escape next month but will receive perks for all cruises thereafter.

Dealing with similar issue for DD who turned 18 in January and should have turned Platinum under the old program before it changed early Feb. Under the old program they got status when turned 18 but under new they have to take one cruise.

I've emailed and called only to get run around. Now I have to waste more time writing someone else there.

Not sure how it works now, but under the old program you could create a sign-in for them when they turned 15 or 16 I think it was so you could see history but status said "child".