Celebrity Equinox and my first cruise

teebird58

I went on my very first cruise May 25, 2018 on Celebrity Equinox and I am HOOKED!

Everything about this cruise was amazing - the staff, the food, the drinks, the attention I received... all amazing. And now I am spoiled b/c I won't accept anything less than what I had on the Celebrity Equinox. I never cruised before b/c I was worried I would experience motion sickness (which I am prone to) and I didn't want to spend all that $$ and be sick. Well I had no problems. I had Natural Dramamine and an essential oil roller ball - all good! Yes, I felt the ship move/rumble somewhat when I was seated, but I adjusted. I slept great! The entertainment on-board was great. The production shows were so amazing and I had a blast at the Silent Disco! Our wait staff in the dining room were great. You MUST get the premium beverage package and the Internet/WiFi package. THANK YOU Celebrity Equinox for being my first cruise and giving me the "cruise bug"! I will definitely be cruising again!:D :D

I went on my very first cruise May 25, 2018 on Celebrity Equinox and I am HOOKED!

Everything about this cruise was amazing - the staff, the food, the drinks, the attention I received... all amazing. And now I am spoiled b/c I won't accept anything less than what I had on the Celebrity Equinox. I never cruised before b/c I was worried I would experience motion sickness (which I am prone to) and I didn't want to spend all that $$ and be sick. Well I had no problems. I had Natural Dramamine and an essential oil roller ball - all good! Yes, I felt the ship move/rumble somewhat when I was seated, but I adjusted. I slept great! The entertainment on-board was great. The production shows were so amazing and I had a blast at the Silent Disco! Our wait staff in the dining room were great. You MUST get the premium beverage package and the Internet/WiFi package. THANK YOU Celebrity Equinox for being my first cruise and giving me the "cruise bug"! I will definitely be cruising again!:D :D

Thanks for sharing. You are now officially a cruiseaholic. Welcome to CC. Another cruise addiction. ;p

Getting ready for my first cruise, and I get motion sickness as well really easily. What oil did you use?

So glad you had a great time. Always love the first time on a ship. And we've had that same experience on all Celebrity ships. Hope you do too. We are going again in October. Been on the Equinox more than any other ship :)

But I do disagree, you really don't need the premium drink package and really, really, really don't need the internet package. I'd never get an internet package, it's just so nice being disconnected (and we own a business).

Thanks so much for coming back and sharing!

Glad you had a wonderful experience! We’ve sailed Equinox more than any other ship since Celebrity decided to have her sail year round out of Miami. And next year she’ll be based out of Ft. Lauderdale; even better!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

When next year? We have a cruise booked on the Equinox next year and we are sailing from Miami.

Getting ready for my first cruise, and I get motion sickness as well really easily. What oil did you use?

I can't answer that question, but will say this. Am also very prone to motion sickness, but I have been on around 50 cruises so far (most on Celebrity). There are many things you can do to prevent (preferred) and treat motion sickness. You can do a search on these boards and get lots of tips. I'll list a few for you:

• try to book a cabin on a low floor, mid-ship. If you can't get mid-ship, aft seems to be easier to handle than forward, at least for me
  • if you are going to take meds just in case (like Dramamine II, which is meclizine) start them a day ahead of time. Don't wait until you feel sick
  • if the ship is rocking, avoid heavy, greasy foods but keep something in your stomach. In this case, also avoid alcohol (sorry!)
  • if you feel funky, get outside in the ocean breeze and look at the horizon
  • try taking ginger preemptively twice a day with meals. Make sure you check with your doctor to see if it will interact with any other meds you take as it has blood thinning properties
  • consider using those wrist bands that apply acupressure. I can't use just that if the seas are bad, but they definitely help me in addition to meds if it is really rocky. I was a skeptic and never believed they would really help but they do
  • final tip - try not to worry. I would never have cruised this many times if I felt sick all the time and I am very susceptible.:):)

So glad you had a great time. Always love the first time on a ship. And we've had that same experience on all Celebrity ships. Hope you do too. We are going again in October. Been on the Equinox more than any other ship :)

But I do disagree, you really don't need the premium drink package and really, really, really don't need the internet package. I'd never get an internet package, it's just so nice being disconnected (and we own a business).

Thanks so much for coming back and sharing!

I’ll, hopefully kindly, disagree with your disagreement, instead of saying ‘you really dont need.....’, I’d suggest you really meant and might use ‘I really dont need.....’. Each of us do not know what is important to others for them to enjoy their vacations. I use to think that when I used a mix/soda with a liquor, I didn’t need to use top level liquors. But after using a good whisky for a sour or with a touch of ginger ale, I found it to be a much better drink....for me. I love my good whiskeys with a touch of water but also great wth mixes at different times. Also, there are a ton of reasons many of us need or just want internet connections and may wish to have an extended internet package.

For the OP, you reminded me of how excited I was after my first cruise, and after my first cruise on Celebrity. We start to then get jaded as we see changes, or become so accustomed to things that we start to complain and forget we are talking about such a lovely way to enjoy life....cruising. I work to remind myself how lucky I am to be able to afford to do this, and have good enough health to do this. Thank you for reminding me!

Den

I think the point about not needing the Premium Package really referred to upgrading from the Classic Package. Now that it is over $16 per day to upgrade and you are only charged the difference, for most people it’s cheaper to just pay the difference. But of course everyone’s needs are subjective.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I was on that cruise. Glad you had a smoooooth cruise.

Don't expect those conditions next time. I'm a captain and I have lived on those waters all my life and have never seen it that calm, it was scary calm.

OP so pleased you enjoyed!

Welcome to an expensive but enjoyable addiction....

I must say although we are well cruised now one of the joys for us is that somehow the pleasure of boarding never becomes less of a buzz! We still feel excited in the weeks and months before the cruise, thoroughly enjoy our experiences on board and then have the pleasure of the memories....