Taxi Stand at Cape Liberty

ladylyn915

If this has been answered already, I apologize, but I could not find what I am looking for.

I live in Central NJ. I have a private car taking me to the ship at Cape Liberty. I am trying to figure out how to get home. I thought if there was a taxi stand, that might be the best way since it is hard to know exactly when you will get off the ship.

Can anyone comment on this?

Thanks

Linda

I see you are from Somerset County. I would imagine if you were able to get a random cab at the port (highly unlikely), as I don't recall lingering cabs at the port. There are many reserved limo's and shuttles, however. I would hire a private limo or better yet, UBER. I think a cab from Bayonne to Somerset would set you back a pretty penny. Is there a reason you can't drive and park at the port? I think this would be cheaper than getting a cab.

It looks like you're on Anthem arriving back on a Sat in July. Why don't you have the same private car pick you up? Anthem arrives very early and likes to have everyone cleared off the ship by 10 am, so just pick a time like 9:00 or 9:30. You just don't know what kind if vehicle you'll get with a random "taxi" picked up at the taxi dispatchers.

They have the private pickups organized very well, when I did this there was no chaos at all. When I had my luggage I texted the driver that I would be out soon and he was able to pull nearly up to the door, with very little traffic around. When you are dropped off you will see how organized it is. Just be ready to call or text the driver because I think they are kept in a holding area until you are ready to leave terminal.

They have the private pickups organized very well, when I did this there was no chaos at all. When I had my luggage I texted the driver that I would be out soon and he was able to pull nearly up to the door, with very little traffic around. When you are dropped off you will see how organized it is. Just be ready to call or text the driver because I think they are kept in a holding area until you are ready to leave terminal.

Great! That is perfect. Thanks!