Ready Set Sail promotion extended

DaveOKC

Pre-paid gratuities is a nice benefit of Ready Set Sail but personally I have never understood the appeal of their "50% reduced deposit" promotions. I suppose HAL's marketing shows that it helps drive sales...

After Ready-Set-sail drops, make a note of the price of the cruise and cabin you are interested in. Around the end of July, if history holds true, HAL will add the Explore-4 promotion to cruises at the end of 2018 and most of 2019. Check the price of the same category cabin after Explore-4 is added. Lets face it, Explore-4 is 99% Signature Beverage Package (SBP) and 1 % everything else. Pinnacle Grill dinners are $35. And the reduced deposits are no big deal, you still end up paying the fare posted, and the 4th is reduced fares for 3rd and 4th persons in a cabin. The SBP is $51.70 per day, including the 15% service charge. So multiply $51.70 X the number of days in your cruise, add in $35 for the PG, and you have your total cost of Explore-4. Compare the cruise fare you recorded when there were no promotions, vs. the fare under Explore-4 and you will see if the additional cost is worth it. In most cases, the cruise fare goes up just about the same price of the SBP. There are exceptions, as noted on CC. If you are booking a suite or higher, you also get internet credit, or OBC, it varies from year to year.

After Ready-Set-sail drops, make a note of the price of the cruise and cabin you are interested in. Around the end of July, if history holds true, HAL will add the Explore-4 promotion to cruises at the end of 2018 and most of 2019. Check the price of the same category cabin after Explore-4 is added. Lets face it, Explore-4 is 99% Signature Beverage Package (SBP) and 1 % everything else. Pinnacle Grill dinners are $35. And the reduced deposits are no big deal, you still end up paying the fare posted, and the 4th is reduced fares for 3rd and 4th persons in a cabin. The SBP is $51.70 per day, including the 15% service charge. So multiply $51.70 X the number of days in your cruise, add in $35 for the PG, and you have your total cost of Explore-4. Compare the cruise fare you recorded when there were no promotions, vs. the fare under Explore-4 and you will see if the additional cost is worth it. In most cases, the cruise fare goes up just about the same price of the SBP. There are exceptions, as noted on CC. If you are booking a suite or higher, you also get internet credit, or OBC, it varies from year to year.

This is basically what I do, except that I reduce the SBP down from $51.70 to a number that better reflects our drinking habits.

And then do you have to rebook.

Basically I just call my HAL PCC (personal cruise consultant) and she rebooks me at the new deal (price with promotion perks). Of course, I might lose any existing promotion perks I already have, it just depends on the promotions involved.

I just priced a specific 7 night cruise in November. Same verandah cabin. One with Ready Set Sail (free gratuities) and one without. The Ready Set Sail price was about $200 pp more in order to get $94.50 pp worth of gratuities. I will take the other option.