Cove Balcony

CLATHEN

We had no problem on our Vista Mediterrainean cruise. Had a Family Harbor Cove Balcony Suite and loved being that close to the water.

Only thing I can suggest is make sure you are not under the galley (kitchen). They make a lot of noise in the early morning getting ready for breakfast. Could wake you up early (3 am.)

Considering booking a Cove Balcony on Carnival Vista and wondering if I might be more prone to queasiness that low on the ship?

The Vista is a pretty big ship, currently the largest in the fleet. Unless the ocean is really rough, you probably won't notice much motion in one of the cove balcony cabins. Of greater concern would be noise from above, Try to avoid booking a cabin directly under the galley. Studying the deck plans is helpful. If you're super sensitive to motion, no matter where you are on the ship, there are products available that may help. Talk to your doctor or a pharmacist to decide what would work for you.

Although everyone is different in their ship motion tolerance, we found the cove we had on the Magic to be very smooth. If you don't tolerate watching the motion of the ocean though, a cove might not be for you.

I have also heard...the higher you go on a ship, the more motion you will notice??clear.png?emoji-confused-1977 Unless there are high seas predicted, you may want to give a cove cabin a try. Sometimes with high seas, they will close the balcony doors.

cmichael,what stateroom did you have? I booked 2350 and can't tell is it's under the galley.

We had 2396 on the Vista, which is a bit further down the hall, and had no noticeable noise from above. However, we did have some noisy neighbors. Most of the noise was from kids letting the balcony door slam shut. Ugh! Looks like 2350 is under the forward part of the galley. I'm not sure what takes place in that area of the galley. Hopefully you'll have quiet neighbors. ;)