Night of the Living Drunks: Our 2017 Halloween cruise aboard the Carnival Dream!

watermelonqueen99

I have a question about one of the Playlist shows. Do you remember if "Flick" was one of the shows in the theatre on your cruise? We're hoping it will be on the Dream when we sail in January!

I just checked the FunTimes, and yes, Flick was the show on Thursday night. Thanks for reading, and have a great cruise!

We are doing the same ports on our Vista cruise and I was considering the Hilton. Can’t wait for the rest!

You won't regret it, it is wonderful! My pics do it no justice at all. There is some renovation going on, but it doesn't really take away from it. Thanks for reading, lots more to come!

Edited by watermelonqueen99

OOOOOOOOOOOhhhhh.....I was all settled in for some "watermelon tv" time and now I will just have to unsettle myself!

It's okay....I know the back pain thing all to well....and sometimes you just can't stay focused for very long.

I'll just jut out my lower lip....and wait like a good girl. Hope you feel better soon, but take it easy and stay off of that d%$m swing!

Yes, between having to go back and forth between sitting up and working on the review and laying flat on the heating pad, plus busted internet, I didn't get much done. My apologies, I'll buy you a drink if we ever cruise together to make up for it. :D And yes, I'm having C take that damn swing down! :')

Wednesday, November 1st, 2017, Montego Bay, Jamaica Continued:

When I left off, we were heading over to the gazebos on the pier. I took a few pics looking back toward the resort: (Please note that my pics do this place NO justice. It's gorgeous and the water is stunning.)

38553366141_0344ecac15_k.jpg

37837002664_4db7d833f1_k.jpg

One thing about me, I love all things doom and gloom, including the weather. Our dream is to move to the Pacific Northwest, where it's overcast nearly every day. Growing up in the 80's, most little girls loved Barbie, Rainbow Brite, and Jem. My idols were (who am I kidding, they still are) Elvira, Morticia Addams, and Lily Munster. So imagine my excitement when a thunderstorm started rolling in:

24700016658_170e4cd7c2_k.jpg

24700012458_7b04e10d78_k.jpg

After we enjoyed the storm from the gazebo, we decided to go find us a spot for the day. We found a couple chairs with an umbrella right next to one of the main reasons we came back to this resort, the lazy river. Yes, we are nothing more than overgrown, border-line (the founder of AA just sat up in his casket to throw shade at "border-line") alcoholic children, and we have no shame. As we were getting settled and laying our towels on our chairs, our waiter for the day, Jhron (pronounced Ja-ron, very nice young man) came up and introduced himself. He asked if we would like a drink. I started to reply with "does a bear..", but C nudged me and ordered us both a rum punch. We decided to take our first ride on the river while we waited for our drink. Again, these pics do no justice, the lazy river is so beautiful:

38571998741_fee83b9763_k.jpg

A closer look at the waterfall. (Or, I should say one of the waterfalls. There are more of them evil bitches further down the river). Do NOT, under ANY circumstance, go under that damn thing. You'll feel like you're drowning and your whole entire life will flash before your eyes. And I don't know about you, but I have no desire to re-live that time I woke up naked in a ditch with a tiara on my head, covered in body paint, and wearing a feather boa around my neck. (Oh come on, quit acting like I'm the only one that's happened to. And so what if that just happened the weekend before the cruise. Judge-y much??):

37855293314_ae319b3419_k.jpg

To be continued....

After a couple of trips around the river, we decided to get out and see if Jhron had delivered our drinks. He had, and I was a happy girl. We relaxed on our chairs and enjoyed our rum punch:

38541663412_b6a2971861_b.jpg

Now, I'm a girl who can hold her liquor. It normally takes a few (dozen) drinks for me to get a buzz. But since I hadn't eaten anything yet, and they did NOT skimp on the rum in this drink, this baby had me feeling really good. I had brought a book, (A real book, from a pre-historic place called a library. I felt like Caroline Ingalls, and at one point turned to C to ask if he would go hitch up the team and head into town for some rock candy and flour.) so I read a little bit. C checked work emails. At one point, this little guy showed up by my chair:

26796546289_4a55b18027_k.jpg

An employee just happened to be nearby, and he came over and picked up the crab. He offered for me to hold it, and I gave him this face:

38541849322_5ffa6d4c55.jpg

I don't do bugs. And to me, a crab is just a bug who wandered out of the sea. Anyway, we decided to walk around and get a few more pictures. More pics of the river:

38573092791_45164bebc3_k.jpg

I don't know what that dude is doing, but it looks fierce:

37685055375_df9758fc2b_k.jpg

One of the water-slides/pools:

38516439476_08db86c0bc_k.jpg

To be continued.....

We made our way back to our chairs. I took in the beautiful view:

26797265029_fb78691938_k.jpg

38517084026_ee0995d58c_k.jpg

We were feeling a little dehydrated, so we ordered another drink. Look how fancy I am, ya'll, with my pinky in the air. There's a lady in me somewhere. (That sounds kinky, I like it.):

37857088594_811d715020_b.jpg

After we sucked down our second drink on an empty stomach, we made the very wise decision to roam around and get more pics. This is another view of one of the pools/part of the lazy river:

37856932774_3071f416aa_k.jpg

This water is more beautiful than any martini I've ever been served, and that's saying a lot:

38542078332_5b04d72a0d_k.jpg

I think this may be some sort of ping pong table or something?:

38542074692_64acd30346_k.jpg

To be continued......

This water is more beautiful than any martini I've ever been served, and that's saying a lot:

38542078332_5b04d72a0d_k.jpg

I think this may be some sort of ping pong table or something?:

38542074692_64acd30346_k.jpg

I agree, the water in the Caribbean is the most beautiful I've seen. Oh, and a perfect BEER PONG TABLE!!!!!😂😂

Since we were feeling pretty good from the booze, we figured we should probably eat something. We made our way back to our chairs and pretty soon along came Jhron. Because I like to sample the local cuisine when we travel, (eye roll) I ordered the beef quesadillas. They were just okay. C ordered the chicken version, and his plate looked identical to mine, so I didn't get a pic. Sorry for the bite taken out, I had the drunchies and just dove right in:

38542506132_d699bccd20_b.jpg

We also, of course, had him bring us another rum punch:

37871459114_81822e8f7d_k.jpg

We spent the rest of the afternoon drinking, (duh) floating the river until some brat pooped in it and we had to get out, and swimming in the ocean and the pool. (Yes, we got in the water when we had been drinking all day. Do not ever look to us for inspiration on how to live your life.You'll either end up dead or in a very morally questionable situation. But we're big fans of morally questionable situations, so it's all good.) When it was time to leave, (the RFAD shuttle only runs once back to the ship at 2:30) we hunted down Jhron to give him his tip. I snapped this pic of the courtyard before we (reluctantly) boarded the shuttle:

37871458084_da85cb6c17_k.jpg

I highly recommend the Hilton Rose Hall. It's beautiful, the staff are very friendly, the drinks are strong, the beach is gorgeous. It is worth every penny.

When we got back to the port area, we looked around the shops for a little bit, which are now located outside the terminal versus inside like they were in 2014. Took a quick pic of the ship before getting back on:

37871453704_2274e8d98a_k.jpg

When we got back on the ship, we got cleaned up. Eventually, we ended up on Lido for, you guessed it, a Guy's burger. I had The Ringer this time. It has BBQ sauce and an onion ring on it. It was pretty good:

38588362991_cf295e4585_k.jpg

After we finished our burger, we went out to take some pics of MoBay before we sailed away:

26812134209_a417967cb6_k.jpg

38556006972_5805c25b6b_k.jpg

The MSC Opera was in port with us:

38556012542_c19c73edea_k.jpg

After we sailed away, we hopped around. The music was dull as usual, and we were pretty bored. At 9, we went to the piano bar and had a lot of fun as usual with Ben and other piano bar regulars we had met. We hit our goal, and went to our room a little earlier than usual. I crashed, and dreamed that I got sick while at the Hilton, and a Jamaican doctor hooked me up to an IV that dripped rum punch.

My family is coming to my house tomorrow, so I will be drinking heavily over the next 24 hours to get through it, but I'm gonna try to get another installment in.

Stay tuned for our day in Grand Cayman!

Happy Thanksgiving Watermelon Queen.

I was thinking of you when I was making my Red Rooster this morning.

It's a family favorite during the holidays. You make up a big container that you can put in the freezer and it makes an adult slushy. You just mix 4 cups of cranberry juice with 6 ounces of orange juice concentrate with 2 cups of vodka and put it in the freezer.

It is the perfect drink for those helliday gatherings....no that was not a typo!!