Earthquake - tsunami warning!

missyk55

I was just letting the poster know so that she wouldn't wonder why no one was responding. There are now 4 threads of the same thing.

Well, don't you think just maybe it would have been a little nicer to just say that in your original post.

Ummmmm...I thought tsunami was not dangerous until it neared land, coming into the shallows, causing it to rise up.....at deep sea, it may be no larger than some of the other wakes??

So if I'm on a ship out at sea, I'd be safer, right??

Ummmmm...I thought tsunami was not dangerous until it neared land, coming into the shallows, causing it to rise up.....at deep sea, it may be no larger than some of the other wakes??

I have no idea! I was just trying to let everyone know what the news said!

Well, don't you think just maybe it would have been a little nicer to just say that in your original post.

Oh my goodness...did everyone get up on the wrong side of the bed today? Did not realize an explanation was needed for you. Thought you would have understood. Have a good day

Oh my goodness...did everyone get up on the wrong side of the bed today? Did not realize an explanation was needed for you. Thought you would have understood. Have a good day

No, I did not get up on the wrong side of the bed. Just seemed like a snippy response to me. You have a good day too! :)

You are correct at sea it would go unnoticed.

Phew, I have always wondered about that. Although it's not the same but sort of (?) rogue waves scare me-big time.

We were on a cruise when a sunami warning was in effect, The Captain told us a ship is one of the safest places to be.

Phew, I have always wondered about that. Although it's not the same but sort of (?) rogue waves scare me-big time.

Have we been watching the Poseidon Adventure? But I'm right there with you. However, the other poster is correct. Out to sea a cruise ship wouldn't be bothered.

Archived