Carnival Fascination 12/9/18 YAY

champagne13

So I have been on CC for a while doing some lurking here and there. I have cruised Carnival Glory in 2015 and in June 2017, I booked a southern caribbean cruise on the Carnival Fascination for Dec 9,2018! Now I am really excited and looking forward to it. I was able to get a balcony room for this trip. I have been looking at Mitsugirly's post from her cruise and I think we might stay in San Juan a day before the cruise!

I have been to St. Thomas before and San Juan. In St. Thomas, we did a rum tour and in San Juan Bachata dancing with drink mixology classes. I am looking forward to the other ports since they will be new territory but I am really at a lost on what direction to go for excursions. My best friend and I will be 27 next year (both females). I know in St.Martin we will do some shopping. I want to visit the Guavaberry Emporium, since I was recommended it by a few coworkers. I am hoping to post more on here.

As you can see from my signature, the Fascination trip is the best trip I've taken (I love port days). Following is what I've done at the islands where the Fascination stops.

San Juan- we get a kick out of taking the ferry across the bay (50¢) and going to Bacardi / also like walking around Old Town

St. Thomas- Dollar Bus to red hook, ferry to St john, cab to trunk bay (beach & snorkel)

St. Maarten- Bernard's (three times-taking it again in April)

St. Kitts- Done both the train and Sir Walter Tours (the train is expensive, but worth doing once/if on a budget, go with Sir Walter)

St. Lucia-walked around town and hiked up to the governor's mansion

Barbados-walked around, then went to Copacabana Beach Club (our cab driver got us in with no cover)

I would recommend all of these. Have fun!

You will have such an awesome time! This route is by far my favorite, especially for two BFF's in their 20's. I feel like port-heavy cruises are the best choice for young, active people. I did this itinerary twice with my mom on the Victory, then a B2B last June with my son. Best time, EVER!! So much to do. Enjoy the planning, and counting down the days. That's have the fun!

As you can see from my signature, the Fascination trip is the best trip I've taken (I love port days). Following is what I've done at the islands where the Fascination stops.

San Juan- we get a kick out of taking the ferry across the bay (50¢) and going to Bacardi / also like walking around Old Town

St. Thomas- Dollar Bus to red hook, ferry to St john, cab to trunk bay (beach & snorkel)

St. Kitts- Done both the train and Sir Walter Tours (the train is expensive, but worth doing once/if on a budget, go with Sir Walter)

Barbados-walked around, then went to Copacabana Beach Club (our cab driver got us in with no cover)

We are sailing on 2/18. Thanks for your suggestions!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I am excited. How did you enjoy the cruise ship. I know one at sea day but I am just looking forwards to the sun, rum, and and finding more cruise friends! I also want to ask, what is the culture like in the ports. What are some of the best goodies to bring back home?

Edited by dallasma1553@gmail.com
typo

So I have been on CC for a while doing some lurking here and there. I have cruised Carnival Glory in 2015 and in June 2017, I booked a southern caribbean cruise on the Carnival Fascination for Dec 9,2018! Now I am really excited and looking forward to it. I was able to get a balcony room for this trip. I have been looking at Mitsugirly's post from her cruise and I think we might stay in San Juan a day before the cruise!

I have been to St. Thomas before and San Juan. In St. Thomas, we did a rum tour and in San Juan Bachata dancing with drink mixology classes. I am looking forward to the other ports since they will be new territory but I am really at a lost on what direction to go for excursions. My best friend and I will be 27 next year (both females). I know in St.Martin we will do some shopping. I want to visit the Guavaberry Emporium, since I was recommended it by a few coworkers. I am hoping to post more on here.

San Juan at the port should be fine ,remember that there is hurricane damage if you venture further than that .

St. Thomas check out Paradise point , a great photo magnet if your into the view.;) If it's still there :( .

I am excited. How did you enjoy the cruise ship. I know one at sea day but I am just looking forwards to the sun, rum, and and finding more cruise friends! I also want to ask, what is the culture like in the ports. What are some of the best goodies to bring back home?

I enjoy the Fantasy Class ships in Carnival's fleet. Not so big, 2,600 passengers -- on some of the bigger ships, it feels like you are walking all day to get from one end of the ship to the other. Granted, the ship is older, but over the years it's had some make overs and has everything I'd want from a cruise ship, great food, entertainment, places to relax.

you could check out my review of the Carnival Ecstasy (https://www.cruisecritic.com/memberreviews/memberreview.cfm?EntryID=589177) - similar ship.

Port culture is rather subjective. The people are always great. At some ports, not the ones on the Fascination, the vendors can get pretty aggressive (St. Lucia has a little - though, that may have changed after the hurricanes in St Thomas & St Maarten). I like to get out, away from the cruise port, to get a feel for the local community. If Sarafina in Marigot, St Martin is open go for some great french pastries.

Enjoy!

I enjoy the Fantasy Class ships in Carnival's fleet. Not so big, 2,600 passengers -- on some of the bigger ships, it feels like you are walking all day to get from one end of the ship to the other. Granted, the ship is older, but over the years it's had some make overs and has everything I'd want from a cruise ship, great food, entertainment, places to relax.

you could check out my review of the Carnival Ecstasy (https://www.cruisecritic.com/memberreviews/memberreview.cfm?EntryID=589177) - similar ship.

Port culture is rather subjective. The people are always great. At some ports, not the ones on the Fascination, the vendors can get pretty aggressive (St. Lucia has a little - though, that may have changed after the hurricanes in St Thomas & St Maarten). I like to get out, away from the cruise port, to get a feel for the local community. If Sarafina in Marigot, St Martin is open go for some great french pastries.

Enjoy!

those pastries have me SOLD

• 7 months later...

This is my absolute favorite itinerary. We have done it once previously and doing it again in October! Our most favorite excursion (ever, from anywhere!) is in Barbados - Calabaza snorkeling tours. They keep it small - 12 people max - all your food, drinks for $115-120 (somewhere around there). Their customer service is impeccable. You felt like family on the boat. Food was homemade and delicious. And their rum punch was amazing - Gina emails out recipes for everything so we still make it today! I planned the trip for 6 people and was sort of nervous - I'm asking people to pay a good amount of money ... will it be worth it? It was. It SO was.

That's my number one recommendation - other than that, Maho Beach in St Maarten is a lot of fun. Magen's beach in St Thomas is beautiful (no clue of it's status post hurricane). And we enjoyed Carambola Beach Club in St Kitts but have heard really varying reviews of that place.

Can’t recommend Spencer Ambrose in St. Lucia enough. Excellent tour. Great food. Beautiful scenery.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I also recommend the Spencer Ambrose tour in St Lucia. I did beach days in the other ports. This is an excellent itinerary. Fascination is an excellent ship for this itinerary. Almost no lines. so it was easy getting on and off the ship. The ship has also been updated so it made the cruise even better.

I did that cruise about 3 months ago, absolutely fantastic. You will have a great time! I have to do it again within the next 5 years.

I absolutely loved Trunk Bay in St John. It was more expensive and travel-intensive than I'd normally like, but it was absolutely gorgeous.

I also had a great time at Harbor Lights in Barbados. $20 per person to get your lounger, umbrella, and snorkeling at the shipwreck / sea turtles.

I love having that many ports. My next 7 day only has 3 ports, and I doubt I'm going to enjoy it as much

We are also going on this cruise in December. I chose it because of all the ports. My Husband has never cruised, hoping getting to see somewhere new everyday will make him want to do it again 😀. Were any excursions offered after disembarking in San Juan? We have a afternoon flight, and will have a little time to kill.

Leaving for this cruise in 47 days (who’s counting?)... Staying at the Decanter Hotel in San Juan. Barbados- Boatyard St Lucia- Spencer Ambrose Land and Sea St Maarten- Bernard’s Island Tours

Once back to SJ, we are heading to Barrachina until our afternoon flight.

I’ll let you know how it all goes!

• 2 weeks later...
Leaving for this cruise in 47 days (who’s counting?)... Staying at the Decanter Hotel in San Juan. Barbados- Boatyard St Lucia- Spencer Ambrose Land and Sea St Maarten- Bernard’s Island Tours

Once back to SJ, we are heading to Barrachina until our afternoon flight.

I’ll let you know how it all goes!

I can't wait to get your reviews. Please keep me updated on the ship to what you do!

We are also going on this cruise in December. I chose it because of all the ports. My Husband has never cruised, hoping getting to see somewhere new everyday will make him want to do it again 😀. Were any excursions offered after disembarking in San Juan? We have a afternoon flight, and will have a little time to kill.

What day did you chose? We might be on the same cruise!