Review of Sea Princess 12 - 14 May 2007

happyscot

1. Got on boat.

2. Boat broke.

3. Got off boat.

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!

:(

UnhappyScot

Going on net to find replacement land holiday, tonight or tomorrow. Any tips from Brits out there?

All Dunkirk spirit and free bar spirit on the boat; didn't see any rudeness, except in the theatre when the idiot assistant cruise Director shouted out, 'hey we're here to bring you whatever you want' to which someone replied, to the biggest {only} cheer of the night, 'except a cruise.......'

Did find out what prime rib was at last though.

Anyone want to buy 26 rolls of film?

:D :( :D

1. Got on boat.

2. Boat broke.

3. Got off boat.

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!

UnhappyScot

Going on net to find replacement land holiday, tonight or tomorrow. Any tips from Brits out there?

All Dunkirk spirit and free bar spirit on the boat; didn't see any rudeness, except in the theatre when the idiot assistant cruise Director shouted out, 'hey we're here to bring you whatever you want' to which someone replied, to the biggest {only} cheer of the night, 'except a cruise.......'

Did find out what prime rib was at last though.

Anyone want to buy 26 rolls of film?

The moral of this story is to stick to P&O and go on an Aurora world cruise and then at least you would have got to cruise around the Isle of Wight and 10 days in Southampton with a free bar.:D:D:D:D:D

Happy Cruising (Or not)

Dai

I am laughing my _ _ _ off after reading your post (based on the way you wrote it).

On a serious note, I feel for you not being able to complete (start) your cruise. It is my understanding that customers from the UK have the flight included with the price of the cruise. If not, is Princess refunding air costs?

Thanks. Daib - being served by Noddy is too high a price to pay.

On air fares, dunno. They are saying all reasonable out of pocket expenses reimbursed. You experts out there might be able to help those who spent a lot (I was only about a hundred on petrol) - does that mean additional costs as a result of the new Princess Extreme Velocity Disembarkation policy ('Folks, you're no sooner on than off with Princess') eg more expensive plane tickets etc, or all costs associated with normal to and fro travel to Southampton we would have incurred anyway? My feeling is the former. Some poor folk, especially brave colonial cousins (who displayed as much stoicism as the Brits and had much more interesting shirts) who flew over are out of pcoket a whole lot.

They also said they would pay unspent OBC's in cash, even TA incentive OBC's, and would wipe all accounts - no bills for nothing for anyone. I thought they have been pretty fair, but many said they were writing for more - usually cash for the 25% credit - no chance I would think.

For the Brits - Syd Little was the star turn. Syd Little! I thought he was dead. After his first 5 minutes, he was.

So sorry to hear of your disappointment. I have enjoyed your banter, so It is worse, when you feel you know someone from CC, that's been affected.

Princess tell me they expect the repairs to take 9 days, so at least the next sailing shouldn't be affected.

I tried to think where I would go if it had happened to me. I'd go to a spa resort, in Austria, to ease the pain.

happyscot- could you get on Navigator of the seas this Saturday the 19th......?:eek:

Thanks but a stampede to transfer to other ships began immediately, causing a breathless Princess Person to come on the speaker and say that every boat on earth was fully booked now and would we please stop annoying them as they had 4000 slowly thawing lobsters to sell on (or words to that effect). We sent Syd Little to help them.

Incidentally before someone asks, auto tips were removed for us! One wag suggested he had a tip for the crew - "find a ship that worked'. I thought that was very cruel. Very noticable how standards were maintained even after their income for the next fortnight disappeared. We even had something which might have been a towel animal - more of a towel foetus perhaps - pretty scary anyway.

We're looking at an AI in Cyprus, a small island composed entirely of children as I recall. If I see a cruise ship, I shall throw rocks at it until it goes away.

I'm not at all bitter you understand. :D

Thanks but a stampede to transfer to other ships began immediately, causing a breathless Princess Person to come on the speaker and say that every boat on earth was fully booked now and would we please stop annoying them as they had 4000 slowly thawing lobsters to sell on (or words to that effect). We sent Syd Little to help them.

Incidentally before someone asks, auto tips were removed for us! One wag suggested he had a tip for the crew - "find a ship that worked'. I thought that was very cruel. Very noticable how standards were maintained even after their income for the next fortnight disappeared. We even had something which might have been a towel animal - more of a towel foetus perhaps - pretty scary anyway.

We're looking at an AI in Cyprus, a small island composed entirely of children as I recall. If I see a cruise ship, I shall throw rocks at it until it goes away.

I'm not at all bitter you understand. :D

Is it not unlikely that you would want to go on any ship which had space at this late hour????:D

Noddy would have had big ears to fix it:D.

Never happened when it was Adonia. Just had a thought we are on Oceana in August(ex Ocean Princess, a sun class ship:eek:)

Oh well they say the IOW is nice at the end of August.:(

Happy Cruising

Dai

Why couldnt you just do a 'land based cruise'? i.e. stay on the ship while they fix it and enjoy all the activities they have to offer..

Oh well. sorry to hear about the problems, but atleast you are able to joke about it and move on to another vacation!

As the saying goes "$h*t Happens"

Oh Happyscot I am so sorry for you.

I have read your post with many a chuckle and I must admit the I thought of you when I heard the news - sorry that sounds a bit stalkerish:eek: !!

Can I just ask 1 question as we are due on the sea princess on the 26th - please please please say it was your humour by saying Syd Little was the comedian on board - I too thought he was no longer with us!!

Hope you get a holiday sorted out and hope you left some alcohol in the bars in case we do get on on the 26th:D

Hannah

Oh Happyscot I am so sorry for you.

I have read your post with many a chuckle and I must admit the I thought of you when I heard the news - sorry that sounds a bit stalkerish:eek: !!

Can I just ask 1 question as we are due on the sea princess on the 26th - please please please say it was your humour by saying Syd Little was the comedian on board - I too thought he was no longer with us!!

Hope you get a holiday sorted out and hope you left some alcohol in the bars in case we do get on on the 26th:D

Hannah

I regret I have only bad news. Syd Little was the star turn. Actually, it was so amazing to see him (he's now a little old man with long white receding hair) that one could easily overlook the fact that he couldn't sing and wasn't funny. You'll love him - good for him!

There is no alcohol left on the Sea Princess.

There was another act you would enjoy - a young couple who changed clothes very quickly. No really......................

And a man who was rude to everyone in the audience. I think he worked in the Purser's Desk during the day.

And an 'international singing sensation' called....ummm....errrr......David something.

FANTASTIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Loved every minute, but you have to have a sense of humour.

xx

PS The dancers fall over sometimes. Thongs are probably a bad idea if you're going to do that.................

please please please say it was your humour by saying Syd Little was the comedian on board - I too thought he was no longer with us!!

Hannah

Syd Little is a comedian??????:confused:

David

Why couldnt you just do a 'land based cruise'? i.e. stay on the ship while they fix it and enjoy all the activities they have to offer..
Because it's a dry dock where the ship is out of the water. There are legal and insurance reasons why you can't have passengers or non-essential personnel on a ship during a dry dock.

A couple of years ago, (I forget which ship), a ship was in dry dock and a temporary gangway from the dock to the ship failed. People fell off and I believe some were killed.

Because it's a dry dock where the ship is out of the water. There are legal and insurance reasons why you can't have passengers or non-essential personnel on a ship during a dry dock.

A couple of years ago, (I forget which ship), a ship was in dry dock and a temporary gangway from the dock to the ship failed. People fell off and I believe some were killed.

IT was the QM2 for family and friends day.

15 were killed.

Syd Little is a comedian??????:confused:

David

The evidence tends towards the contrary.

Vista thingy. I think it was a one night stand, don't worry!!!! A one-night stand with Syd Little - now there's a thought.

Oh well, here we go again. Up and dressed before dawn once more, flying to Cyprus. Obviously the flight will be cancelled, the pilot wil give us Norovirus or a long-dead volcano will have destroyed the airport. I see a weekend in Milton Keynes beckoning.

Good luck to the 26 May folk. I hope you have a slightly more moving experience than us!!!

xx

Hi all. Not been on the website for a while but was tempted back when hearing about the problems, anxious for some news!

My son has emailed Princess and their reply states that the 'technical problems' are expected to be fixed within 9 days and they do not anticipate any disruption to future programme. I suppose this means..........Syd Little - here we come!!

If we do finally get away, previous posts have been about excursions so I thought that I would tell you our plans. For Bilbao, we hope to get to the nearby metro station at Getxo and go to Bilbao itself. Le Verdon - we have booked the ship day long tour as this seemed the best option of what was available. There did not seem to be very much at Le Verdon and we researched independant tours of Bordeaux which turned out to be mega money - even compared to ship's prices! Guernsey, we think is within walking distance of the berth, so that's a cheap and easy option. The problem might be La Coruna - it seems that there is a part time Tourist Office at the port itself, but emails in both English and Spanish have received no reply!! That might be a 'wait and see' place. If we hear anything I will post.

Has anyone found cheaper car parking at Southampton! I thought £65 was exhorbitant!! Especially as we will have two cars!

I totally agree that the prices at Southampton are exhorbitant. Our 2 weeks in June are costing me £112. Gatwick on-airport for the same period of time is approx £60. No competition I suppose.

Jimmy

• 3 weeks later...
hey happyscot...

it's me, your haggis buddy ...ssshhhhh!

sorry to hear what happen...i really mean that!

did you know your post was quoted under the news sections on the Sea Princess?

You're famous!

Wow, fame at last (again - I was the Department of Employment (Scotland) Long Jump Champion 1986 - suck on that Jesse Owens). Holiday in Cyprus was brill - who needs cruises?

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHJHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

xxxxxx

Archived