Pre - registering - what are the benefits?

Suebiker

HI - just wondering if it is worth pre- registering for a cruise in the school holidays 2019. Not really sure what benefits there are to pre booking apart from being to have more choice on choosing a cabin. Are there any financial gains from pre-registering. There is very little onboard credit being offered.

For anyone who has pre-registered before - what do you feel are the benefits?

Thanks

The only benefit is good but not guaranteed the cabin of your choice unless you give a few options depending on how popular the cruise is. The only real benefit is that the price will not rise initially from stated but if cruise is very popular fluid pricing might kick in and cruise increase after first few days.

We were told by a P&O person on the phone a week ago not to pre-register as you do not get the precise cabin you want. You can book a grade of cabin when pre-registering, but you will be allocated a cabin when the cruises actually become available for booking. The only thing pre-registering seems to give you is a definite cabin at a category you want. In the 16 yrs we've been travelling with P&O we've never done it.

Sent from my Sony Z1 Compact.

We were told by a P&O person on the phone a week ago not to pre-register as you do not get the precise cabin you want. You can book a grade of cabin when pre-registering, but you will be allocated a cabin when the cruises actually become available for booking. The only thing pre-registering seems to give you is a definite cabin at a category you want. In the 16 yrs we've been travelling with P&O we've never done it.

Sent from my Sony Z1 Compact.

You never have had cabin allocated of your choice by booking direct with P&O but if you pre-register with a TA they ask for your cabin preference so if you give then 3 or 4 numbers in order of preference you are usually successful. We have pre- registered with a particular cruise TA for 5 maiden cruises with P&O and every time got first choice of cabin.

I was going to pre register as I was interested in a single balcony on Britannia. Waited until today, went onto the P and O site and got the exact cabin I wanted with no trouble.

Thats rather strange because we have been trying to book a stateroom on Britannia today as Caribbean tier in Peninsular Club and all it comes up with is "this cruise is not available to book yet".