Charter Flight Seat Purchase - How to Get Seats Together?

HomelessBear

Our charter flight seats will be due out soon for the Caribbean cruise. We have a Booking Number and our friends (couple) are also on the same cruise and flight but have their own Booking Number (although the two are linked for the purpose of dining). As my friend has a number of health issues, I would like to be with her (and my DH) to be on hand during the flight. We are prepared to pay for the privilege of booking the seats, which I understand is now £50pp return.

As they will be away when the flight seats are released, I'll be booking them all, and we would obviously like to sit together.

I've looked up the plane and it says its 3-3-3 configuration. I can log in with my Booking Number and book our 2 seats - say Row X seats A & B, - then I'll log in with my friends Booking Number to try to book - Row X seats C & E (as the aisle is in-between there won't be a seat D).

When I've looked before when I'be booked charter flight seats with P&O, the system has NOT allowed me to book 2 aisle seats, and so I'm worried that I won't be able to book the 4 of us together in a row, as we have 2 different Booking Numbers.

I've phoned P&O and they didn't seem to be able to grasp what I was trying to do, and told me that I WILL be able to book 2 aisle seats. When I've booked seats in the past, when the curser hovers over seats, it wouldn't allow 2 aisle seats to be booked, which is why I'm worried and don't trust what they say. My TA has also asked them how we can ensure that we sit together, but also hasn't got anywhere.

Does anyone had any recent experience of booking 4 seats in a row with 2 different reference numbers? Have you been able to book two aisle seats?

Thanks in advance for any responses.

It won't let you book B & C and leave A empty. P&O told me that too.

I've noticed that too.

I think P&O's logic is that a couple can sit together on either side of the aisle.

So A&B is one couple and C&D is another couple. Since most of the PAX are couples that would seem like a reasonable solution from P&O's perspective.

If they did allow people to book B&C then they'd have a lot of A's left over which few people would want.

Yes in the 3-3-3 configuration it won't allow you to book say BC, leaving the A window seat free. It will allow you to book A and B leaving C free but that's not what you want. Just a word of caution. We once booked C and D, either side of the ailse. Fine but then when we got on board the set up was a little different. Say we had booked 9C and 9D, either side of the aisle, so you would think that they would be next to each other - they weren't. 9C was next to 10D so my husband in 9D was a row in front of me - if you see what I mean. Goodness knows why it was like that, very odd.

It may allow you to book the 2 aisle seats (C-D) once A-B have been booked.

You you may be able to log on with 2 different tabs, one with your booking ref and one with your friends, once you pick your seats you have a few minutes to confirm it by which time the seats on the other tab can be picked next to yours and then confirm once you know you are together.

Hope this makes sense, I think I know what I mean.

I've noticed that too.

I think P&O's logic is that a couple can sit together on either side of the aisle.

So A&B is one couple and C&D is another couple. Since most of the PAX are couples that would seem like a reasonable solution from P&O's perspective.

If they did allow people to book B&C then they'd have a lot of A's left over which few people would want.

I don't think it is a P&O thing as we have a Thomson flight next week [not a cruise] and you can only book A&B, C&D, E&F as pairs.

As for booking your seats, I did ours for our cruise last Friday at a minute after midnight Thursday/Friday night and after selecting my seats, it told me they would be held for two hours and if not paid for in that time, they would be released.

Hope this helps ;)

I don't think it is a P&O thing as we have a Thomson flight next week [not a cruise] and you can only book A&B, C&D, E&F as pairs.

As for booking your seats, I did ours for our cruise last Friday at a minute after midnight Thursday/Friday night and after selecting my seats, it told me they would be held for two hours and if not paid for in that time, they would be released.

Hope this helps ;)

Thanks Boatsmans Lady. What day is your flight. Is it Friday or Saturday?

I'm hoping that our Saturday fights come out at midnight on Thurs/Fri, but they probably won't be until the Friday/Sat when we're away. I'm just hoping we can get decent internet access to book online.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thanks Boatsmans Lady. What day is your flight. Is it Friday or Saturday?

I'm hoping that our Saturday fights come out at midnight on Thurs/Fri, but they probably won't be until the Friday/Sat when we're away. I'm just hoping we can get decent internet access to book online. Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Our flight is a Friday so with yours being on Saturday, I would expect your seat selection to come live at just after midnight on the Friday/Saturday. Good luck on getting your seats.

Our flight is a Friday so with yours being on Saturday, I would expect your seat selection to come live at just after midnight on the Friday/Saturday. Good luck on getting your seats.

Thanks. That's what I was thinking it would be. Wishful thinking they'd come out when I'm at home! Oh well fingers crossed I can get what we want.