The Apprentice on Brittania

Eglesbrech

At least no one called Britannia a ferry on the programme itself - just on the BBC 2 Wash up programme 'You are Fired' afterwards. But three times, Rhod Gilbert called it a Ferry.

Britannia was described as the UK's largest cruiseship in the introduction to the Apprentice.

Agree with the others.. Britannia looked very good but the rest was rubbish. Good point re no one having cash on board!

I eventually saw it last night and I cringed at it. It amused me when they were going round the city and said they had 90 mins to get back before the ship sailed - that must have been some rush to get back on time. Both the excursions were rubbish. I can't understand why the guy with the glasses who told the passengers he would give them lots of beer didn't get fired. He was totally useless and his customer skills were worse than awful - non existent. I never usually watch the series and I don't think I'll be watching again. If they are the future of business!

Love the Apprentice and it is good publicity for them ..... well, I think it is ;-)

I suppose it depends who they are trying to attract to Britannia. Purely imho, I suppose the Apprentice is at least a step up from 'Saturday Night Takeaway' and 'Good Morning Britain'... I appreciate other's opinions will differ.

I suppose it depends who they are trying to attract to Britannia. Purely imho, I suppose the Apprentice is at least a step up from 'Saturday Night Takeaway' and 'Good Morning Britain'... I appreciate other's opinions will differ.

Well, watched it myself last night and it was a real cringe worthy programme. Then again, most of them are. These people must be chosen because they are useless and make 'good' viewing !

I do think that the ship looked beautiful at all times.

As for the tours ... well I thought we had had a disappointing one last year but these were just terrible! I can't believe that they didn't all ask for their money back. How anyone won this task is beyond me.

Oh well, nice to see Britannia again and see the sun set over the sea :-)

As the references to Britannia as a ferry. Made me laugh. I really think he was mixing it up with P&O ferries --- which shows that he hadn't done his homework. I know that some folk don't like Britannia, but even they don't call her a ferry.

There must have been something as some did ask for money back. I suppose only those who make the programme know how it works .

Sorry to shatter the illusion, but most ‘reality’ TV is so heavily staged these days it has more creative input than most fictional programmes of the past! The passengers would have been genuine ones, but the amount of artistic licence used was the only impressive aspect of the whole programme. :D

Sorry to shatter the illusion, but most ‘reality’ TV is so heavily staged these days it has more creative input than most fictional programmes of the past! The passengers would have been genuine ones, but the amount of artistic licence used was the only impressive aspect of the whole programme. :D

Looking at those who get through to the finals I can only agree. I do know it is fixed (and it drives hubby mad and he can't face watching it .......) BUT I still love it when Alan Sugar sacks them !!!! Guilty pleasure !!!!

'I really think he was mixing it up with P&O ferries --- which shows that he hadn't done his homework.'

I agree Presto2 - Rhod had not done his homework!

Really like Rhod to be honest.

Perhaps he HAD done his homework and wanted to wind up all of us P&O cruisers ;-)

Really like Rhod to be honest.

Perhaps he HAD done his homework and wanted to wind up all of us P&O cruisers ;-)

Good point. Perhaps he’s actually one of the Cruise Critic users who frequents the P&O forum for the sole purpose of saying how rubbish they are compared to other cruise lines. ;)

Good point. Perhaps he’s actually one of the Cruise Critic users who frequents the P&O forum for the sole purpose of saying how rubbish they are compared to other cruise lines. ;)

Well, at least we know it isn't Dai in disguise :D;):D

There must have been something as some did ask for money back. I suppose only those who make the programme know how it works .

It would have just been an option to ask for the theoretical amount paid back if they were not satisfied.

The issues involved in actually selling tours for real money and deal with real complaints are not ones the BBC would want.

I agree with Selbourne about the amount of artistic license and what goes on off camera. I suspect that the pax taking part were given the money to book the excursions in the first place and coached on the issue of asking for a refund. I would also be rather surprised if they did not receive some sort of financial incentive to take part too. Cynical, me ;). If I had been on a real excursion as bad as the two on this, I would definitely have expected a full refund.

Britannia and Bruges were the only things to come out of this programme with any credit...