Phu My - Distance to port gates

G.M.T.

We are looking at a Saigon private tour next March. The tour operator says pickup at port gates (Phu My).

Does anyone know if one can walk to the port gates, if so how far (yards / minutes)?

We are cruising with Celebrity, does anyone know if they have a shuttle bus.

Thanks.

You can see the port gate from the ship (ours was RCI Mariner) in Phu My. Less than 4-5 min easy walk (it would take you more time to board a bus than to walk to the gate)...there was a shuttle (golf cart types) back to the ship when we returned...may have been one when we were leaving but the walk was so quick and easy it wasn't necessary. Most tour operators will and do meet you just outside the gate...those that come in tend to charge you for that as they have to get a permit...this is absolutely not necessary....You'll see once you get there. Loved our private tour in Saigon...enjoy yours too.

You can see the port gate from the ship (ours was RCI Mariner) in Phu My. Less than 4-5 min easy walk (it would take you more time to board a bus than to walk to the gate)...there was a shuttle (golf cart types) back to the ship when we returned...may have been one when we were leaving but the walk was so quick and easy it wasn't necessary. Most tour operators will and do meet you just outside the gate...those that come in tend to charge you for that as they have to get a permit...this is absolutely not necessary....You'll see once you get there. Loved our private tour in Saigon...enjoy yours too.

Thank you for the information - just what we wanted.

Thanks, we have a private tour set in Phu My with the guidance to meet outside the gate. Nice to know that it is an easy walk. I am sooo looking forward to this cruise. :D

I have been to this port three times.

Yes some tour operators don't want to go through the extra paperwork to enter the port and some want to charge you more.

We pushed back and they did the paperwork and we didn't pay anything more.

I would have them come into the port as we did.

You just need to negotiate a little bit. They want your business.

Keith

Just came across my tour notes on Phu My.

Free Shuttle to gate, then Free shuttle to Ba Ria (30 mins.). (We spent the day there instead of taking a taxi to Vung Tau, as planned.)

Was the shuttle organized by the port or by the cruise ship? (I'm worried that this shuttle won't be available when we dock. Our cruise line has nothing online about this shuttle.)

What was Ba Ria like?