Car Rental at Ft Lauderdale

CintiCruzer

we are doing a Princess Cruise on the Regal in February... do any car rental places offer a shuttle to the car rental or would we need to uber to them???

Yes. Budget, Hertz, dollar, Alamo, sixt national and I'm sure others have port everglades locations with a shuttle. note that the airport locations will not pick up or drop off at the port

we are doing a Princess Cruise on the Regal in February... do any car rental places offer a shuttle to the car rental or would we need to uber to them???

If you're speaking post cruise take a cab from the port to any car rental location at the airport, costs around $20 with tip.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you're speaking post cruise take a cab from the port to any car rental location at the airport, costs around $20 with tip.

True, but those rentals can be more expensive due to the airport "convenience" and other fees. Pays to comparison shop

True, but those rentals can be more expensive due to the airport "convenience" and other fees. Pays to comparison shop

We use Hertz, a member and great rates! Don't trust fly by night rentals?

Yes. Budget, Hertz, dollar, Alamo, sixt national and I'm sure others have port everglades locations with a shuttle. note that the airport locations will not pick up or drop off at the port

Not true we have used Hertz and they shuttled us to the port!

That's very unusual. If they have s port location they generally won't.

Rented at the airport and used prior to cruise, returned to hertz drop off and they took us to the ship! We even rented one post cruise and they picked us up at the ship and took us to their location!

Rented at the airport and used prior to cruise, returned to hertz drop off and they took us to the ship! We even rented one post cruise and they picked us up at the ship and took us to their location!

If you need to be dropped of at the port after a rental just ask for Joe. He is great.

Alamo has a free shuttle from Fr Lauderdale port to FLL. Very convenient and very easy. You need an Alamo reservation to use the shuttle.

We rent a lot of cars and are in the higher categories of many rental car frequent renter clubs. However, we have found loyalty to be expensive and often just stupid :). So now, we simply compare the offerings and take the best deal... We will then do a last minute online check to see if there are any better offers and, if so, quickly change our reservation. We do stick with the better known companies (Hertz, Avis, Budget, Alamo, Enterprise and Sixt) because they do have pretty good service if something goes amiss. There are also some smaller regional companies in Florida.....but our concern is getting stuck somewhere else (such as the Keys) where they do not even have an office.

Hank

As a side note, we always rented a car when traveling to FLL for a cruise. If your only staying a day or two prior to the cruise...a couple of years ago someone pointed out the savings by just taking a taxi to/from the hotel and utilizing the Water Taxi to get around the harbor and port area. We've done that the past two years and never looked back. Now obviously if you have plans to travel outside of FLL, the a rental is needed. Enjoy your cruise

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

can you give us your definition of "fly by night"...do u have experience with Gold Coast? we do.

Non name brand like Hertz, Alamo, etc! Sorry never heard of Gold Coast.

Edited by mllewis48

Budget is very easy. We have rented cars at the airport then on the day we sail I return the car to their Quay location. They have a free shuttle to the ship. You can also do this in reverse if you want one post cruise, have the shuttle pick you up at the ship and take you to the Quay location to rent.

To make everything even easier, I go to the ship first, drop off luggage with the porters and then go to the Quay location and just have to hop on the shuttle with my carry on to go back to the ship. The Quay location is right outside the port, across the parking lot from the Renaissance.