Need info on Pullmantur cruise line.

cruiseelady

No I actually do not speak Spanish. I have heard that they make announcements in Spanish and then in English and all their crew speak English.

But they primarily sell to Spanish people. You might not have many people to talk with on the ship.

But they primarily sell to Spanish people. You might not have many people to talk with on the ship.

Not likely. Most people in Europe (assuming that's where the OP is looking to sail) are bilingual. English is the lingua franca.

Not likely. Most people in Europe (assuming that's where the OP is looking to sail) are bilingual. English is the lingua franca.

I was thinking of doing Caribbean cruising. They have round trip cruises from Dominica as well as from Curacao.

I just wanted to try something completely different. Maybe I will start with MSC, Italian cruise line. There is much more info on that cruise line.

Has anyone cruised solo with Pullmantur cruise line? I am very interested in hearing your experience.

A friend took a TA on Pullmantur last year and told me he did not like the idea of them serving the same thing every day. No variety in menu.

A friend took a TA on Pullmantur last year and told me he did not like the idea of them serving the same thing every day. No variety in menu.

I am curious if the same food served was in a dinning room or buffet.

For the past few years I have only been with NCL and only eat at the buffet and other places where there is no wait or very minimal wait. I quiet enjoy buffets on NCL and have not missed dinning in the dinning room at all.

Edited by cruiseelady

We have been on several Pullmantur cruises and have had no problems communicating in English and meeting people whose first language is other than English because English is often a second language to many people on cruises especially in Europe, but also in the Caribbean.

Also the menus we have seen on our Pullmantur cruises changes every day but there were always some "standards" that were available every day (as is the case on most cruise lines). Also the items in the buffet and the main dining rooms were usually not the same but on occasion some were duplicated but never completely.

The quality of the food was not the same from ship to ship however and recently the food on our cruise on the Zenith was uninspiring, except for the outstanding french fries available with the decent hamburgers at The Grill. The fries were great with the real Spanish Salsa Brava that was one of the condiments.

We have been on several Pullmantur cruises and have had no problems communicating in English and meeting people whose first language is other than English because English is often a second language to many people on cruises especially in Europe, but also in the Caribbean.

Also the menus we have seen on our Pullmantur cruises changes every day but there were always some "standards" that were available every day (as is the case on most cruise lines). Also the items in the buffet and the main dining rooms were usually not the same but on occasion some were duplicated but never completely.

The quality of the food was not the same from ship to ship however and recently the food on our cruise on the Zenith was uninspiring, except for the outstanding french fries available with the decent hamburgers at The Grill. The fries were great with the real Spanish Salsa Brava that was one of the condiments.

When you say we, you mean you have not done Pullmantur solo?

• 3 months later...
When you say we, you mean you have not done Pullmantur solo?

Just found your question and this thread - by mistake as it happens

I am a mature female who has cruised now on NCL, Cunard, P&O, Fred Olsen and CMV solo since my husband passed away several years ago

I did the Pullmantur Monarch Lisbon to Colon in Sept last year and I had a great time - the crew couldn't have been nicer, met a lot of US/Can solo cruisers and a bunch of Europeans as well. Seated at a large table of other solo English speakers and although I got a nasty chest infection and missed a lot of dinners, the meals were just fine - my problem was that breakfast was so nice (I get up very very early to walk the decks and stretch) then go on the morning fitness things and then breakfast) I was still full at lunch so had a very late lunch, again good choices and well prepared especially the salads and then still full by dinner - early seating. Cannot eat late at night so had to do 10 rounds of Deck 6 at a steady pace to work it all off.

If you don't mind a very relaxed and sometimes slightly chaotic but fun environment, you can have a really fun, relaxing voyage with lots and lots of lovely sea days (my favourite) and the occasional hurricane thrown in just to spice things up

I am back on again for the Sept 25th - Gran Canaria to Colon and getting seriously excited