Is it ok to bring liquor on board if it's consumed in one's stateroom?

Capn Jarvis

In reading some posts about the price of beer Some people have stated that booze can be brought on board if it is consumed in one's stateroom. Is this true? I have sailed on Celebrity and Holland-America and that was definitely not the case. This is my first cruise on Oceania so are the rules here different?

Yes. You may bring liquor wine beer for in suite consumption. If you want to have your wine in a restaurant there is a corkage fee. You don’t have to bring on all at once. You can buy at every port if you wish.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thanks sitraveler' date=' mura and ronrick. Our trip on the Sirena, Dec 16 from san diego to rio just got a lot more enjoyable.[/quote']

A tip: if you're leaving from a port with a reasonable wine shop (e.g., Total Wine), call to see if they deliver to your precruise hotel and/or they at least use handled cardboard wine three or six-pack carriers for transport. If not, and you frequently visit wineries, you can break down (flatten) those carriers and carry them in your checked baggage (weigh less than a pound). Pack your purchases and carry onto the ship.

Just to make sure I understand clearly, although Oceania policy states 3 bottles of wine per cabin. In actuality spirits(IE: vodka/gin) may be brought aboard for in cabin consumption. Boarding Nautica Cape Town to Singapore 30 days.

Just to make sure I understand clearly, although Oceania policy states 3 bottles of wine per cabin. In actuality spirits(IE: vodka/gin) may be brought aboard for in cabin consumption. Boarding Nautica Cape Town to Singapore 30 days.

In a word - yes (provided that you respect & observe the rules) :)

We're boarding in Dubai. Has anyone purchased liquor anywhere other than at the airport arrival shop at DXB? Once we board our options for purchasing at our ports will be very limited. Thanks to anyone who can share their experience.

It's Dubai - not exactly a place with a liquor store on every corner :D

• 2 weeks later...
I would like to bring a bottle of Baileys on, to drink in the room. I am correct in thinking this isn't officially allowed, but usually it would be ok?

You can bring it on no problem (for cabin use only )

Enjoy

In reading some posts about the price of beer Some people have stated that booze can be brought on board if it is consumed in one's stateroom. Is this true? I have sailed on Celebrity and Holland-America and that was definitely not the case. This is my first cruise on Oceania so are the rules Greetings from South Beach, Capn Jarvis. Yes. We have sailed on Oceania six times, with a seventh booked. If you bring an outside wine outside, you will pay a corkage fee. if you are in any doubt, check with Oceania, or ask your TA to check for you. Rules do change.

If the OP had just glanced down the page, they would have found a thread with the same question with the exact same answers. Wouldn’t even have had to use the search function, just read the current page!

The other thread I saw was started Nov 8th & this one was started Oct 28th :confused:

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2562294

unless you see another thread

In reading some posts about the price of beer Some people have stated that booze can be brought on board if it is consumed in one's stateroom. Is this true? I have sailed on Celebrity and Holland-America and that was definitely not the case. This is my first cruise on Oceania so are the rules here different?

Just one of the many many things that set Oceania worlds beyond "wannabes" like HAL and Celebrity. We'll pick up a case of mixed Australian wine when we arrive by plane in Sydney next May, carry it on at embarkation and replenish at varying AUS and NZ ports.

• 2 weeks later...