Shore excursion by van with a driver

Manfromoz

We are doing a cruise to Thailand and Vietman from 28th Jan to 11th Feb. There are 8 of us travelling in a group. Looking for info on reputable service providers for a van with a driver at the following stops...Ko Samui on 31st Jan for 7 hours, Nha Trang on 5th Feb for 5 hours, Chan May (Danang) on 6th Feb for 6 hours and Phu My (Ho Chi Minh) on 8th Feb for 8 hours. Any suggestions please.

For your port stop in Ho Chi Minh City I would recommend using Xuan.

We recently did a full day tour with him.

He picked us at the port with a great driver in a new, very comfortable large van.

We saw all the sites including Chinatown, the Thien Hau Temple, a fabulous Rickshaw ride through the local markets.

The ride lasted about 45 minutes. We started at the famous temple and rode through many tiny streets, alleys andmarkets where the locals were selling their fish, birds, roosters, fabric andtextiles. Also we saw the tropical fruit street and the fresh markets where we saw people selling fresh meat, fish,vegetables and spices. It was a fascinating way to see the daily local life in Ho Chi Minh City. We were riding among thousands of motor scooters.

Xuan was on a scooter in front of us taking photos and videos that he sent to us afterwards.

We then visited the War Remnants Museum, Notre Dame Cathedral, Post Office, City Hall, CIABuilding that the Huey Uh1 helicopter was last helicopter to leave at Fall of Saigon, Ho Chi Minh Square, all the famous hotels used during the war, and new areas of the city with Villas and the contrast of poor stilt houses on water.

Xuan is knowledgeable, passionate, enthusiastic, charming, attentive, loving, engaging, fun and a true pleasure to be with. We were fascinated by his kindness!

He was able to explain everything to us in a very meaningful way. His English is excellent!

We had such a great understanding of the people, culture and history because of him. We also learned about his life growing up in Vietnam. My husband and I asked many questions and he was happy to answer all of them.

Touring with Xuan will be one of the highlights of your travel experience! He planned a perfect itinerary and was very accommodating to special requests we wanted to do. Xuan took about 60 pictures of us during the tour and emailed them to me afterwards. He also took us to a wonderful and delicious place for lunch.

We have traveled all over the world and have used private guides and Xuan is absolutely one of the best guides we have ever had.

It will be a day you will never forget!

You can email him at tourwithxuan@gmail.com

His website is:

http://www.tourwithxuan.com

You can also go straight to his cruise tours with this link:

http://www.tourwithxuan.com/shore-excursions.html

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Dafne,

Just wanted to follow up on your recommendation for a guided tour of Ho Chi Min with Xuan.....we have just completed our day with Xuan and agree with every word that you wrote about him - I highly recommend him to anyone who is looking for a similar tour.

Regards!

Edited by Manfromoz
spelling

Xuan is probably the best tour guide wevee had. Spent a ay with him in HCMC. 4 of us and when comparing trips later on the ship, we had the best day and saw things others didn't. Plus he's a great guy

I used Wandee in Bangkok, she was very good, dung Pham for Nha Trang. Was not thrilled with Aya in Cambodia. Exotic Borneo for Malaysia