Skywalk question

willy paul

• 2 years later...

We are thinking of doing this excursion in May. It is offered in both the morning and afternoon. Which would be better, heat and humidity and bug wise? Also, we have an 8 year old with us. How strenuous is the walk? Thanks in advance for your help.

We are thinking of doing this excursion in May. It is offered in both the morning and afternoon. Which would be better, heat and humidity and bug wise? Also, we have an 8 year old with us. How strenuous is the walk? Thanks in advance for your help.
If you are asking about the rainforest jitney ride and skywalk out of Limon, it is not at all strenuous...the actual skywalk part was rather short (and not really all that high off the ground) and most of the time was spent in the tractor-pulled carts. We went in the afternoon, but it was not unbearably hot or humid (and we are from MN), although the morning is probably better for wildlife (we did the tortuguero canal in the morning, and that was excellent...)

Both my 83 yo mother and 3 children enjoyed the excursion (especially my 8 yo son, who loved the colorful poisen dart frogs, lizards, and sloths). The older kids would probably have opted to do the zip-lining excursion instead (this was taking place in the same general area as the Jitney ride/skywalk excursion, and every now and then we would see the zip liners sliding overhead). Overall, this was an a fairly relaxing and rahter interesting excursion, and we enjoyed our time in the rainforest -- not fast-paced excitement, but a great way to spend an afternoon in costa rica, especially if you enjoy nature.

If you are asking about the rainforest jitney ride and skywalk out of Limon, it is not at all strenuous...the actual skywalk part was rather short (and not really all that high off the ground) and most of the time was spent in the tractor-pulled carts. We went in the afternoon, but it was not unbearably hot or humid (and we are from MN), although the morning is probably better for wildlife (we did the tortuguero canal in the morning, and that was excellent...)

Both my 83 yo mother and 3 children enjoyed the excursion (especially my 8 yo son, who loved the colorful poisen dart frogs, lizards, and sloths). The older kids would probably have opted to do the zip-lining excursion instead (this was taking place in the same general area as the Jitney ride/skywalk excursion, and every now and then we would see the zip liners sliding overhead). Overall, this was an a fairly relaxing and rahter interesting excursion, and we enjoyed our time in the rainforest -- not fast-paced excitement, but a great way to spend an afternoon in costa rica, especially if you enjoy nature.

Actually, we will be in Puntarena. They say the excursion takes 4.5 hours and it's an hour drive to the area of national parks and protected forest. Hike for 1 1/2 hour downhill walk over trails and cable bridges over some of the wonders of the tropical forest. So, I'm not sure if it is the same as your tour or not. I appreciate the info and your time. I hope we get to see that much wildlife. We have an 8 year old with us and I'm sure that would be a blast. Thanks again. I've already booked the morning tour.

Actually, we will be in Puntarena. They say the excursion takes 4.5 hours and it's an hour drive to the area of national parks and protected forest. Hike for 1 1/2 hour downhill walk over trails and cable bridges over some of the wonders of the tropical forest. So, I'm not sure if it is the same as your tour or not. I appreciate the info and your time. I hope we get to see that much wildlife. We have an 8 year old with us and I'm sure that would be a blast. Thanks again. I've already booked the morning tour.
Wow...your tour sounds great...that is what we had expected our tour to be like. If your 8 year old is anything like mine, then swinging cable bridges will be a big hit!!:D

• 3 weeks later...
Wow...your tour sounds great...that is what we had expected our tour to be like. If your 8 year old is anything like mine, then swinging cable bridges will be a big hit!!:D

I'll let you know how it is, but I'm hoping it doesn't SWING. LOL I want tight cables. Yep, chicken.

Archived