Changes to Loyalty Program

Micahs Grandad

WiddyTwo

Cool Cruiser4

Posted Yesterday, 04:30 PM

I went to the Q&A with him on the Fascination back in October. He said that they were trying to make it one loyalty program across all of their lines but that it was difficult to do because some lines base their programs on days on board and some programs base it on money spent.

DH and I sat with John Heald one morning, for about 15 min and had a cup of coffee, last month on Fascination. DH asked him about the loyalty program and possible changes. He did repeat what he said, at the above mentioned Q & A, about difficulty of recog across lines.

He told us there are over 200,000 plats and 7,000 Dia, currently. Also, again, still looking at a level between Plat and Dia and also above Diamond.

Very pleasant, but don't believe he knows that much ab what's in the works. :D

Guess nobody has heard anything. Really didnt want the thread to become another one speculating on what might happen.

Well you have two posters that was there on the Fascination with John that shared information with you and they heard the same thing our group heard .

2Shoes2Go ] but don't believe he knows that much ab what's in the works.

John was Very hesitant to talk about it' date='he would start to speak then say something in order of[/size'] no he would get into trouble again ?

I think John has become gun shy over his last round of seafaring the loyalty program. But what the others mention in this thread are true comments from John.

Edited by BoDidly

Loyalty programs are not in place to give anything away, but to increase corporate revenue.

And from what I read on these boards over the years, the seasoned frequent cruisers are "smarter" and know how to sail frugally. My guess is this is probably not the demographic the cruise line Management is targeting.

So, I'd bet $1 that any change to the loyalty program will just make it harder for most people to attain the next level. Golds will stay Gold. Platinums will say Platinum. Everyone will be upset that a benefit they already had was eliminated or diluted.

While I am optimistic and also wish for the cool things others have suggested, my parade-peeing reality mind says not to expect it.

The best bet is to negotiate as much OBC when you book and be happy with the free bottle of water. :-)

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

In our case, it's the opposite. The more we cruise, the more I say we need to get off the ship and take an excursion, eat at the steakhouse, book the Chef's Table. What I won't do is buy the junk in the gift shops. That's crap![/quote]

Crap ??? I'll have you know that my wife's ten dollar watches she buys last at least a year.

Then she buys another ;):D Saves the authentic gold ones from wear and tear :hearteyes:.

I have a ton of $10 stuff in my closet: scarves, wraps, clutches. All crap! ;p

SaveSave

Wow next thing you will tell me is the fantastic inch of gold sale is for something other than real gold:cool:

and now back to our regularly scheduled discussion of anyone have knowledge of any changes in the Carnival loyalty program.

I've suggested this as well. Also, suggested just including the Hub app chat in the cost of the internet package for those who have purchased one. It seems ridiculous to charge extra for the ability to text/chat with other passengers on the ship via smartphone. They need to figure out a way to make the app completely "free" to use on the ship.

Free hub chat for repeat cruisers would be a nice perk. As you said it's all handled on board so I doubt there'd be much in the way of extra load. I would use it from time to time if it were free but I have never paid for it.

How many times has a new Loyalty thread popped up and things just stay the same. Do you reality think Carnival is going to pull a bunch of new perks out of the air. Just re shuffle the deck or re name an old perk.

I will still cruise CCL, NCL for where they go and the time of the year they go there - My shedule

:cool:;p

How many times has a new Loyalty thread popped up and things just stay the same. Do you reality think Carnival is going to pull a bunch of new perks out of the air. Just re shuffle the deck or re name an old perk.

I will still cruise CCL, NCL for where they go and the time of the year they go there - My shedule

I lost count ,somewhere around one million and six something ?

They have changed it periodically over the years and have been talking about it so think something will be introduced one of these days.

John Heald was dropping hints that changes are coming but have not heard much in last few months.

Anyone hear anything? Please comment only if you have heard anything and no speculating as to what they might do.

I think it would be great if they added a higher level above Diamond, like say after 365days (1year) of cruise days.

I think it would be great if they added a higher level above Diamond, like say after 365days (1year) of cruise days.

There are a few Diamonds with well over 400 days. Whats your reason for picking 365 ? ;)

What do you envision as perks for this level? Dry cleaning?

Increase from one specialty restaurant comp to two, 5 minutes free wifi, 2 drink coupons good only from 10am - 11am on embarkation day, cruise calendar, picture of the ship, chocolates during turn down only if you select late room steward service, travel size toothpaste on 5 days or longer, first two rows reserved at the past guest party, Maitre' D visit once per decade, and a table cloth to place yourself. :p

Increase from one specialty restaurant comp to two, 5 minutes free wifi, 2 drink coupons good only from 10am - 11am on embarkation day, cruise calendar, picture of the ship, chocolates during turn down only if you select late room steward service, travel size toothpaste on 5 days or longer, first two rows reserved at the past guest party, Maitre' D visit once per decade, and a table cloth to place yourself. :p

It's a plan!

Me too, we are discussing a 15 day Princess to Hawaii for our 40th anniversary January 2019. We are CCL Platinum and Princess virgins.

We are Carnival Diamonds and in the last few years since we started with Princess now Platinum.

Sorry we didnt start with Princess years before. Was very strange being newbie on first Princess cruise and having to do our own laundry but we survived and now most of our cruising is on Princess.

We are Carnival Diamonds and in the last few years since we started with Princess now Platinum.

Sorry we didnt start with Princess years before. Was very strange being newbie on first Princess cruise and having to do our own laundry but we survived and now most of our cruising is on Princess.

I should ask you Stu, which ship are you partial to? Food selection ,activities .Sorry to be off topic but yet again but this Hawaii cruise has my interest.

John Heald was dropping hints that changes are coming but have not heard much in last few months.

Anyone hear anything? Please comment only if you have heard anything and no speculating as to what they might do.

John BS Heald has been promising for so long now and of course nothing .

increase from one specialty restaurant comp to two, 5 minutes free wifi, 2 drink coupons good only from 10am - 11am on embarkation day, cruise calendar, picture of the ship, chocolates during turn down only if you select late room steward service, travel size toothpaste on 5 days or longer, first two rows reserved at the past guest party, maitre' d visit once per decade, and a table cloth to place yourself. :p

lmao