Which pier for NCL in Cozumel?

stitchcreek

Reference the Google Map LINK:

https://www.google.com/maps/@20.4937055,-86.9578185,7492m/data=!3m1!1e3

ZOOM the map for better detail

Note the single ship in the upper part of the image - that is the downtown pier where NCL usually docks.

In the lower portion of the image note the two ships docked together that is where Carnival and its sister

company ships dock.

Making reference to downtown - that area stretches between the two piers.

A picture best answers and describes the question.

As noted if more than 4 ships are present someone has to tender - the tender pier is adjacent to the

NCL pier where the Mexico mainland ferry service departs.

Thank you all for the advice, think we’re just going to have a potter around town rather than going on an excursion

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Consider the SX to visit Jose Cuervo Tequila --- which I found thoroughly entertaining and educational

Hic-cup - there will be drinking also

About 3x hours

Cost about $70 per person - includes shuttle to from ship

Highlights - education on making tequila and drinking too

visiting museum attached to the shop

the surrounding grounds have miniatures of various Mexican historic ruins

includes a light lunch - very tastee

You can buy tequila and bring it back to the ship NCL will hold it for you until disembark

Not that you asked, but Cozumel is one of the places I would least recommend just "puttering" around.

Vendors are very pushy, Punta Langosta is a maze and very hard to exit.

One of our favorite things to do is just hop in a taxi to Mr Sancho's. Others like Nachi Cocum, or Playa Mia, or ...

Escape the pushy salespeople for the most part and enjoy a nice beach.

just my two cents!

I checked a month or so before we were set to go to Cozumel and all indications were we would dock in Punta Langosta. We actually ended up at the International Pier. Not as convenient and the vendors were pushy. I felt the port area had a very closed in feel but certainly not as bad as Costa Maya.

Thank you all for the advice, think we’re just going to have a potter around town rather than going on an excursion

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We've been to Punta Langosta many times. If you dock there, you will exit the pier into an upstairs mall. Lots of shops. However, hold off buying there until returning to the ship. You will be crossing to the other side of the main street and back to ground level. You might find much more and cheaper while walking along there. Vendors are just trying to make a living. Just smile and give a polite no thanks if not interested. For some slightly upscale dining and strong margaritas, we like Panco's Backyard. A very nice courtyard restaurant about a half mile or so down the main drag in a building that houses some upscale shopping. From the ship, facing shore, it is to your left and down past the big plaza. If walking, I recommend only one margarita. A bit pricey, but good food and nice people and service.