OBC Question

gogy

You can't use onboard credit before you board. It depends on how you got the onboard credit. If you redeemed points from the Carnival Mastercard then it should be on your account on the first full day of the cruise.

Hi, when does your OBC appear on your account? I would like to book some excursions and would like to apply my credit to that.

Thanks

On Board Credit appears on your account for use when you get On Board.

You can’t designate what you use OBC for. It’s just a negative balance that get used as charges come across.

Pre-booked excursions have to be paid at the time of booking. Excursions booked on board are charged to your onboard account. So, your credit would be sitting there to go against anything charged on the ship. While you could wait until you get on board to book your excursions, be aware that some excursions could be sold out. Also, there could be a line at the excursion desk and I know I don't like to waste my time waiting to book something when I could be enjoying the pool or other activities.

If you booked directly with carnival, you can view the onboard credit amounts in a few ways:

1) check your booking confirmation. towards the bottom the billing information with the cruise fare,tax, totals and then underneath that is the onboard credits

2) under the the My Billing tab in the My Cruise Details

3) View Cruise Documents -> Print General Information. On page 2 or so, under Itemized Charges

If you booked with a travel agent, this information is not visible and you will have to get this information from them.

Like previous answer above, you can not use the onboard credit to book shore excursions in advance. If you want to use onboard credit for shore excursions, book the excursion asap once you are on the ship or via the hub app. If you book it via the hub app, you do not need to visit the shore excursion. The tickets will be automatically sent to your room.