Quick help? HAL has just changed our cabin for sundays cruise on Koningsdam

wales4ever

With about 25 hours until we leave for the airport, HAL has decided to send me an email with a cabin change!

Does anyone know anything about cabin no. 8137? (apart from it being a balcony) Is it a restricted view etc?

HAL website is down for me and I will have to wait until tomorrow morning to get in touch with them here in the UK

Many thanks )

With about 25 hours until we leave for the airport, HAL has decided to send me an email with a cabin change!

Does anyone know anything about cabin no. 8137? (apart from it being a balcony) Is it a restricted view etc?

HAL website is down for me and I will have to wait until tomorrow morning to get in touch with them here in the UK

Many thanks )

The cabin per the deck plan shows just aft of the middle of the ship starboard side. No obstruction that I can see.

Have a great cruise

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Many thanks )

Run the cabin number through a websearch and you might be surprised how many others have made reports and perhaps with photos about that exact same cabin. (Or not - luck of the draw but somethings you can get good cabin info off the HAL website) Search CC for a cabin number too to see if any member has also given it a review - or one of its neighbors.

You did not mention what cabin category you first had, but this sounds like it might be a good upgrade.

We have (had) a spa outside on deck 10 - one of the forward facing cabins. So yes a great upgrade.

BUT why leave it so late - friday evening when we sail on sunday? A bit of a shock to the sysytem when the HAL site is down and the phone line does not open until 9am tomorrow.

That is a great upgrade. If you had a forward facing spa cabin on deck 10 -- you didn't have a balcony. Now you do.

HAL sometimes does upgrades on the sailing day when people arrive at the dock.

At least you have time to get new luggage tags or just fill out new ones once you get to the ship.

No need to call HAL.

That is a great upgrade. If you had a forward facing spa cabin on deck 10 -- you didn't have a balcony. Now you do.

HAL sometimes does upgrades on the sailing day when people arrive at the dock.

At least you have time to get new luggage tags or just fill out new ones once you get to the ship.

No need to call HAL.

Agreed. Once (Cunard) I got an upgrade AFTER I had left my bags with the porters tagged with the old room number. My steward and I wasted a fair amount of time tracking down the bags.

Roy

We have (had) a spa outside on deck 10 - one of the forward facing cabins. So yes a great upgrade.

BUT why leave it so late - friday evening when we sail on sunday? A bit of a shock to the sysytem when the HAL site is down and the phone line does not open until 9am tomorrow.

We had a unexpected cabin number change when we went through embarkation - and our luggage an onboard gifts were already tagged and getting delivered to our former cabin number.

But since it was a last minute upgrade to a Neptune suite, we certainly did not mind the last minute inconvenience, but we never did get that pre-ordered gift (they credited the amount). Our luggage eventually re-joined us at our new cabin number ... and we were introduced to the suite life, compliments of HAL's very last minute cabin switching.