Binoculars? What size?

Alsun

Hi,

We read somewhere that binoculars are available to borrow.

Would anyone know what kind of size these are?

We have a pair ourselves but these are quite heavy so we are considering buying a small, light pair of binoculars for our cruise but if the ones provided by Azamara are small & light we don't need too :)

Thanks!

Small and very light sounds good :)

We're not that bothered about the quality as we have a good one to use on board, but it saves us lugging that one around whilst out & about.

In my opinion, they are awful. I have often found the lenses to be misaligned, giving double vision. If you can take packing the heavier ones from home and carrying them around then do. I’ve got some scenic trips later this year and early next and I’m taking my image stabilising ones. Weighty to carry, but worth it.

Phil

In my opinion, they are awful. I have often found the lenses to be misaligned, giving double vision. If you can take packing the heavier ones from home and carrying them around then do. I’ve got some scenic trips later this year and early next and I’m taking my image stabilising ones. Weighty to carry, but worth it.

Phil

Oh, good to know.

We will definitely be bringing our own heavier pair which I guess are average to good quality. We just weren't sure whether we should buy & bring an additional (cheap but) small, lightweight pair for excursions.

Actually there is only one excursion where a light version would be easier to use, so I guess we might just either have to take the heavier one that day or "risk a double visioned Azamara one"...

Sent from my SM-N950F using Forums mobile app

Phil

"Awful" is kind. Take yours with you.

• 2 weeks later...

Really good binoculars offer wonderful detail to what you have traveled a great distance to see. Inexpensive binoculars tend to be annoying drag along toys that are fun to give to kids but are usually disappointing. If you really want detail and views you'll always remember buy and bring the best binoculars you can afford and cry once. Quality binoculars tend to be heavy, rather large and often a nuisance to carry around but remember, a picture/view is worth a thousand words and memories last a very long time. I always bring mine when traveling to new destinations and people I share them with typically remark,"what a view!", "wow!" , "I need a pair like this!".

Long short? Bring your own.