Carnival Splendor??

jules815

Hi everyone,

This is my first time posting on the Carnival board. We're a family of 4; and our girls at our next sail time will be 19 and 15. We'll be cruising with 4 other families who all have teens as well. We've cruised together before on Mariner of the Seas (western route) and have also done eastern itinerary twice on other RC ships. We've always had a great time, and have remained loyal to RC mainly because my parents live near Port Canaveral, and coming from Chicago, it's always been easy to tie in a visit with them.

We got together with our friends last night to plan our 2009 vacation and we've decided on another cruise, but this time since we can't sail until July, we thought we'd give the Mexican Riviera a try, since it would be something new for all of us.

Although we've enjoyed RC, we're willing to give other cruise lines a try -- I think they're probably all a lot more similar than different. NCL and Princess offer Mex Riv, however the months of June, July and August were blocked out in both 2009 and 2010. (Could they be sold out already??)

Mariner of the Seas will be sailing out of LA and so does Carnival Splendour. Both are same itineraries and exactly the same price, so we'll literally be flipping a coin to choose.

What can you tell me about Splendour? From what I've seen on the website the ship is new, and it has a water slide, which I know the teens would love. Whatever we do, we always have a good time with this group of friends.

I would love to hear what you liked or dislike about Splendor.

I'd go with Splendor ...... And I will, when it comes here to Long Beach next year!:D

Hi everyone,

This is my first time posting on the Carnival board. We're a family of 4; and our girls at our next sail time will be 19 and 15. We'll be cruising with 4 other families who all have teens as well. We've cruised together before on Mariner of the Seas (western route) and have also done eastern itinerary twice on other RC ships. We've always had a great time, and have remained loyal to RC mainly because my parents live near Port Canaveral, and coming from Chicago, it's always been easy to tie in a visit with them.

We got together with our friends last night to plan our 2009 vacation and we've decided on another cruise, but this time since we can't sail until July, we thought we'd give the Mexican Riviera a try, since it would be something new for all of us.

Although we've enjoyed RC, we're willing to give other cruise lines a try -- I think they're probably all a lot more similar than different. NCL and Princess offer Mex Riv, however the months of June, July and August were blocked out in both 2009 and 2010. (Could they be sold out already??)

Mariner of the Seas will be sailing out of LA and so does Carnival Splendour. Both are same itineraries and exactly the same price, so we'll literally be flipping a coin to choose.

What can you tell me about Splendour? From what I've seen on the website the ship is new, and it has a water slide, which I know the teens would love. Whatever we do, we always have a good time with this group of friends.

I would love to hear what you liked or dislike about Splendor.

Here is a website for you to look at . It is the Carnival Splendor on her maiden voyage. www.zydecocruiser.com/splendor/splendor.htm Have fun.

Thank you! This is exactly the type of information I was looking for! The ship is so new, I couldn't find any pictures on Webshots.com. :)

Like I said, even though we've only sailed on RC, I've read over on the RC forum many times about how similar the cruise lines are. There's always a few people out there who will bash one line against the other, but the majority of reviews have been good. Plus, one thing could go wrong that isn't necessarily the cruise line's fault (one luke warm meal doesn't mean the dining room sucks!), and people turn against them or whatever. Right now there's a bad review of Mariner of the Seas here on Cruise Critic, and we've always enjoyed our Mariner cruises.

A new ship would be fun and different though; a new port would be exciting too. I'll pass this information onto the other families.

Thanks again!

Hi! We were on the Splendor Inaugural voyage in Europe. The Splendor is unlike all ships we've been on. For one thing, the Lido pool is enclosed on the sides and has a retractable roof. It stayed closed for us but during summer and in the south, it'll be open. We had the trip of a lifetime on the Splendor. We thought the food was great, the staff was excellent and the ship is beautiful. Go to the piano bar. Lots of fun!!! We stayed out by the aft pool quite a bit. It's small but it's adult only. The spa is nice. The miniature golf is the best we've seen on a ship. You'll really enjoy it!! I wish I was going on it again!!!

Hi! We were on the Splendor Inaugural voyage in Europe. The Splendor is unlike all ships we've been on. For one thing, the Lido pool is enclosed on the sides and has a retractable roof. It stayed closed for us but during summer and in the south, it'll be open. We had the trip of a lifetime on the Splendor. We thought the food was great, the staff was excellent and the ship is beautiful. Go to the piano bar. Lots of fun!!! We stayed out by the aft pool quite a bit. It's small but it's adult only. The spa is nice. The miniature golf is the best we've seen on a ship. You'll really enjoy it!! I wish I was going on it again!!!

We just booked on Splendor and I just realized it was a cabin (only one on Port Side not sold), but it is a connecting Cabin. Do you know anything about these cabins? I am sure they are like the rest on a balcony but with a connecting door.

We just booked on Splendor and I just realized it was a cabin (only one on Port Side not sold), but it is a connecting Cabin. Do you know anything about these cabins? I am sure they are like the rest on a balcony but with a connecting door.

I'm pretty sure connecting rooms have a big chair instead of a loveseat/couch. (but I may be wrong..call 1-800-carnival to find out.)

Archived