Transportation between POM and Port Everglades

Tweedy

In April, we will be doing a cruise RT Miami and on the day we return to Miami, we have to make our way up to FLL to board another ship.

I’m Canadian and when away have my phone on airplane mode. Do any of you have recommendations for transportation between these two cities that is a reasonable cost and is reliable.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

You could use one of the popular shared shuttle services to get from POM to FLL airport for about $15 per person; from there you can taxi to PE for about $15+tip or maybe the shuttle will continue on for an additional fee. Check with SAS, QLS, MJS, etc.

Taxi from POM straight to PE will run about $70-75+tip; if you had access to data and could use Uber or Lyft the fare for standard Lyft or UberX (good for 2-3 passengers and bags) would be about $35+

I envy those of you who have enough time to take back to back cruises - one day I will get there! :cool:

We use the cheapest option, Uber for this change. Very easy , clean, efficient and friendly .

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Except OP is not from US and will not have data/roaming to book Uber or Lyft. The savings, compared to a taxi, might be worth investing in a minimal data plan - but it is the OPs call. ;)

Having never used a car service like Uber/Lyft (we don’t have these services in Vancouver unfortunately), I’m cautious. However if that truly is the most reasonable way to get from port to port then it may be worth getting a US roam pkg for the phone.

Uber and Lyft are very similar and easy to use - if a dinosaur like me can figure it out so can you! :) Watch a few You Tube videos, download the app onto your phone, set it up with your photo, credit card, etc. Then I would check with your phone company for data plans while you are in the USA.

If you use Uber or Lyft wait until you've collected bags and cleared customs/immigration to request your ride - wait for a car at POM should only be about 5 min. Good luck! :D

Having never used a car service like Uber/Lyft (we don’t have these services in Vancouver unfortunately), I’m cautious. However if that truly is the most reasonable way to get from port to port then it may be worth getting a US roam pkg for the phone.

Fellow Canadian here, eh. I don't know who your cell provider is, or the details of your existing plan, but we have Bell and we use their "Roam Better" option, maybe your carrier has a similar product. No charge for sign up, and is currently $7 per day for unlimited talk and your own home data in the US. Your are only charged the $7 in any given day that you use the service, NOT every day your are travelling.