Reservations question

VikingD

My wife and two kids will be sailing on the Escape in June and this will be the first time on NCL and a ship were reservations are available. I have learned a lot from reading this board and appreciate the info shared. I still have a few reservation questions and when answering know that we are not interested in anything that has a extra fee.

1. We will only be eating dinner in the main dining rooms and probably early do we need to make reservations to avoid a wait?

2. I understand you can make reservations for After Midnight and the Brat Pack 90 days in advance but is there anything else I would need to make reservations for that early.

3. What can I make a reservation for when on the ship and is this something done right away for the entire week or done the day of. If it is done as soon as you get on board for the entire week how do you know what entertainment is offered later on in the week. On previous cruises we never knew what was going on the next day until we received the daily.

1. We will only be eating dinner in the main dining rooms and probably early do we need to make reservations to avoid a wait?

Reservations always give you priority, but you can walk up. There will always be a [small] line at opening withall of the early eaters.

2. I understand you can make reservations for After Midnight and the Brat Pack 90 days in advance but is there anything else I would need to make reservations for that early.

Those are the two complimentary shows. You can book the additional-fee Supper Club cabaret with 5-course tasting menu.

3. What can I make a reservation for when on the ship and is this something done right away for the entire week or done the day of. If it is done as soon as you get on board for the entire week how do you know what entertainment is offered later on in the week. On previous cruises we never knew what was going on the next day until we received the daily.

On embarkation day, you can use the touch screen kiosks in the elevator lobby in public areas. They will have all of the shows for the week

Comedy Show in Headliners. Will be offered on different night, multiple shows a night. Early shows are family oriented. Late Shows are 18+. For shows you don't pre-book, you can go standby

Escape the Big Top. At the box office at the entrance to the Theater, you can book the Escape Room (the puzzles are harder - more for older kids and adults)

Complimentary Dinner Shows. There will be multiple nights where dinner will be served with a guest performer in the Supper Club. All Free (except the one night with the additional-fee show)

If your DW or kids are artistic, for an additional fee, you can book Canvas-by-U on embarkation day (extra fee). Enjoy learning different painting techniques. Look in the dailies for the booking location.

Enjoy the Escape! We will be sailing on her for the 3rd time next month.

1. If eating in the main dining rooms without a reservation... sometimes you'll get in with no wait, sometimes 15 min wait. its a toss up.

2. You could book the wine lovers musical. This was fantastic! (oops...wrote this after seeing you don't want anything with a fee. this has a fee)

3. While on the ship you can pretty much make reservations for anything. All depends on how stringent you are on getting the times you want. You can head to guest services, look for the big computer screens located all over to book things or you can go on your room tv and book right from there. You can also call from your room phone.

The "big" shows run pretty much the same schedule as where as they comedy acts, game shows etc wont change too much per sailing. Check out some dallies from the escape... not too, too much changes sailing to sailing.

Going on a Bermuda sailing on Escape in Nov. Would the evening entertainment schedule change much since there are 2 overnights in port where most of passengers may choose to eat or do other things off the ship?

MARAPRINCE