Insurance for cancer patients U.K.

Georgianscot

Does anyone have any experience with this? What insurance companies are cheapest and best for cancer patients in the U.K. ? Thank you

Unfortunately, I have a lot of experience. Firstly, if the cancer has spread, then the options for insurance are very limited. We used All Clear. They always gave full cover, however for a 16 night cruise to the Mediterranean it would cost in excess of £3000 for the two of us. Both of us had cancer, my late husband had two primary cancers that had both spread. Mine had not spread. There are plenty of companies that will cover cancer that has not spread. Just google it and you will get plenty of options to try. I wish you well.

Val

• 3 weeks later...

Try TravelEx. Their website seems to indicate other countries than the US are acceptable to them.

It's who we use to cover DH whose cancer has spread. They've insured 2 cruises this year. They told me we had to book the insurance within a few days of booking the trip AND he had to be medically able to travel the day we book the insurance. We asked his doctor and doc said "GO".