First time visiting Barbados, St. Lucia, St. Kitts, St. Maarten

sungazer

While I'm glad I went to Maho I sure wouldn't do it again. The beach is terribly crowded, narrow, and steep. The surf was rough. The bar was so crowded the day we were there I never could get to it to buy a beer. There were a lot of people just sitting there or milling around in the shade taking up space while waiting for airplanes to land or take off. If you're under 35 (?) I wouldn't miss it. If you're older than that or don't like crowds just be aware that it may not be a great place to have to spend a few hours. All my opinion, of course.

When I first arrived to Maho, I had the same feelings. We realized we made a huge mistake.

But then, it was actually very fun. Being the last port of 6, it offered something different and unique. The waves were the biggest I had ever seen in my life too. Really beat me up! It was a great experience, but I don't believe that I would be dying to go back.

In St. Lucia we book an island tour with COSOL Tours. We had a fabulous time. They took us all over the island, they had food, rum and beer from St. Lucia for us to try. It was all very good. Then we got on a catamaran and went to Sugar Beach to snorkel. From their, we went to the Drive In Volcano which was a lot of fun. They definitely know how to show everyone a great time. The cost was $75 per person. Definitely recommend COSOL Tours.

In St. Kitts, we went on an island tour with Thenford Grey Tours. They also showed us a great time. We toured the island, went to a botanical forest, and at the end you could either be dropped off at Shipwreck Beach or back to the boat for shopping. He came and picked us up from the beach and back to the ship. The cost was $55 per person. Great tour also.

In Barbados, we took a taxi around the island to sight see. This was our least favorite island.

Enjoy your cruise.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi fellow cruisers! A group of us will be visiting these islands plus we have St. Thomas as well on our itinerary, on a 10 day So Carib cruise, NCL Jade, March 1 2019. Really appreciate all the input and comments from all who have visited these islands. Some of our group would like to golf on one of the islands, any suggestions or recommendations on where would be much appreciated. Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...
Someone mentioned in Barbados (first time for us), to take a Taxi or native to take us around for a tour. If you have done this before, can you give me an idea what the cost for a couple hours would be?

It cost us $20 each for a taxi around the island in Barbados. He took us to a place where we could feed the wild monkeys bananas, really cool. Also to an old church where they were cooking fish fritters and bread fruit fitters. They were $1.00 for two and very so good. We were gone about 3-4 hours. It was good to see most of the island.

Even though we haven't been to Barbados recently, we always for the many times in the past we visited it, we always considered Barbados our Favorite Island next to St Thomas.

We favorite place we have visited in the past and would again, Harrisons Cave. Very Interesting.

We also enjoyed and forgot the name, we visited a very beautiful plantation and later under a tent attended a sit down tea time. Enjoyed it very much.

Taking a tour of the island we also toured the north coast a saw a area called Thunder Hole beach area.

We show interest in shopping in the Terminal Building. Picking up some liquor and always their local Barbados Brown Sugar to take home. I actually order it now from home for cooking use.

Barbados is our favorite island and hope it is yours.

Bklyn8, did you say there was a plantation in Barbados, or one of the other ports? I love plantations, and it has been many years since I have visited one, and would love to see another one again. If it was not Barbados, can you tell me (I believe you said you did not remember the name) what other port/island it was?

Bklyn8, did you say there was a plantation in Barbados, or one of the other ports? I love plantations, and it has been many years since I have visited one, and would love to see another one again. If it was not Barbados, can you tell me (I believe you said you did not remember the name) what other port/island it was?
\

Sunbury Plantation House on Barbados was the location we visited thru Cunard Line.

They have the Plantation on this end of the year Caribbean Cruise under the The Best of Barbados.

Please see if you can find a website for the latest information about Sunbury.