The price of the Deluxe Beverage Package just got another notch

ditmar2007

No, it wasn't when I went to checkout as a test, it added it on. Ended up phoning RC instead as it wouldn't let me just add one beverage package on, it wanted to add both, bought it for Hubby and I have the Soda Package which in itself it expensive enough but will cover me for coffees, teas, non alcoholic cocktails, orange juice etc!!

Based on what you describe you mean you purchased the Refreshment Package not the Soda Package, right? The Soda package is just soda. The refreshment Package is basically all non-alcoholic beverages.

Whats most interesting is the difference across the ships, at the same time having different prices.

I just booked a 7 nite nov 2018 cruise on anthem, drink price $45, while my 12 nite grandeur april 2019 drink price is $50.

Are they serving better burbon on grandeur??

Give it time; it's too far out for drink package pricing to see much movement.

Prices seem to be going up across the board. 9 day Anthem cruise in June was $50 with 20% off now it's $52 with 20% off. I'm not budging. I know you can cancel if the price drops but what incentive do they have to drop the price if everyone jumps on the fake 20%. I need a better fake price or I will just purchase a la carte. I have $300 OBC between the TA and Royal.

Whats most interesting is the difference across the ships, at the same time having different prices.

I just booked a 7 nite nov 2018 cruise on anthem, drink price $45, while my 12 nite grandeur april 2019 drink price is $50.

Are they serving better burbon on grandeur??

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

We paid $44 per person per day for our April 2019 Anthem cruise. It is now up to $52 per person per day. Glad we bought it when we did. At $44 we will either break even or (more likely) come out slightly ahead. At $52, RCI would most likely come out ahead.

I am on 11 night on Serenade in December 2018, and I was able to get it for $39 a night plus gratuity! That's the best it has been. And now it's back up to $45 a night. Crazy how it fluctuates, but I'm pretty happy with the $39. I check all the time too.

I hope you all have more luck as your cruise gets closer.

Our cruise oasis November cruise price has been going back and forth from 45 to 48, since this is my first diamond plus I am waiting.
We were going to wait too however when they had 30% off we took it. Your onboard discount will be 30% but off the full price at the time. Our price points were listed above.

Sent from my SM-T820 using Tapatalk

I am on 11 night on Serenade in December 2018, and I was able to get it for $39 a night plus gratuity! That's the best it has been. And now it's back up to $45 a night. Crazy how it fluctuates, but I'm pretty happy with the $39. I check all the time too.

I hope you all have more luck as your cruise gets closer.

I keep checking daily for our April cruise on Anthem, although I have a feeling it won’t go any lower than the $44 per day we paid. It’s now at $52 per day.

I keep checking daily for our April cruise on Anthem, although I have a feeling it won’t go any lower than the $44 per day we paid. It’s now at $52 per day.

There is NOT a minimum DOLLAR amount for drink package prices. Sale prices are generally 20%, 25% or 30% off of what will be consider as the "onboard price" for a given sailing on a given ship. What the onboard price is will vary; with it generally being higher on the newer/bigger ships, too.

When you see a sale, give a day or so for Royal Caribbean to get the sale banners matching the prices they've set (sometimes it really does take them a day or two to get it straight), and then calculate it. Take the price offered, and divide it by the percentage you're paying. If the price is $44, and it was advertised as 20% off, that'd be $44.00/0.80, which would show approximately $55.00/day as the onboard price. Take 70% of the onboard price, and that's going to be the minimum price you'll see that package offered for (give or take rounding to nearest whole dollars)