How long does the rocking last?

Nevada Jen

My dad and I get that. My mom and my husband don't. For me, how long it lasts depends on the length of the cruise, how many sea days and how rough the seas were. I don't think it's ever lasted more than a week, usually 3-4 days. If it bothers me, I take some Bonine. I've also found it helps if I rock myself back and forth in my chair. It looks a little silly at work but it works! :)

That is the WORSE part of the cruise for me. Typically 5-7 days. I continue taking my motion sickness medication about a 7-10 days after the cruise for this reason.

Do you get motion sickness while ON the cruise as well? I have only been on one cruise. Zero motion issues on board but dizziness/spinning/rocking lasted a few days after....but last summer spent the week at a cabin where we were boating daily and the post-motion sickness lasted weeks and would have been debilitating if I had to work (I am a teacher). It was diagnosed as the mal de embarkment syndrome. Seemed weird to get "land-sickness" without "sea-sickness"...

I think there are some videos that show ways to reset the crystals in your inner ear. Might be worth trying for those who have severe issues with it. Mine has always been pretty mild.

Yes, for BPPV (vertigo) which I suffer with from time to time. The exercises are helpful and the results are almost instant.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I've experienced this problem also, and it only seemed to get worse and last longer after each cruise. Then I stumbled upon a product called DiVertigo. It's a topical oil that is applied behind the ear. Its starts to work after about five minutes. I use it twice a day for several days after each cruise. It has worked wonders for me, and it has kept me from missing work.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/DiVertigo-Topical-Oil-17-fl-oz/16199933