CP Balcony perks

Hello,

I’m a longtime lurker who hasn’t posted much. I’m boarding Symphony on Sunday (woohoo!). My husband, kids and I have adjoining CP balcony rooms. I called Royal with a question about the cabin perks, and it was possibly the least helpful call I’ve ever had. The rep was utterly clueless and didn’t know anything about the perks.

Here’s my question: The Royal app indicates that Jamie’s Italian is open for lunch on embarkation day. Can I use my free lunch perk to eat there on embarkation day so that I don’t have to brave the WJ? Is it fairly easy to book while on board? The Royal rep told me I couldn’t make reservations in advance (??).

Apologies if these are basic questions...we’re new to Royal (prior cruises all on Oceania and Celebrity).

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I believe you are meant use the CP restaurant “perk” on a sea day.

Friends of mine had a CP last week but they only were doing the 4n from Bcn to Rome cruise, so they didn’t actually have a sea day.... they got $15pp OBC instead.

I have read of others being allowed to use it at dinner.

Best go to the restaurant immediately and ask.

Last week no specialty restaurant was full any day, with the exception of Solarium Bistro which was very popular. But that is free! [emoji857]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hello,

I’m a longtime lurker who hasn’t posted much. I’m boarding Symphony on Sunday (woohoo!). My husband, kids and I have adjoining CP balcony rooms. I called Royal with a question about the cabin perks, and it was possibly the least helpful call I’ve ever had. The rep was utterly clueless and didn’t know anything about the perks.

Here’s my question: The Royal app indicates that Jamie’s Italian is open for lunch on embarkation day. Can I use my free lunch perk to eat there on embarkation day so that I don’t have to brave the WJ? Is it fairly easy to book while on board? The Royal rep told me I couldn’t make reservations in advance (??).

Apologies if these are basic questions...we’re new to Royal (prior cruises all on Oceania and Celebrity).

Seems like you received good answers, however, I would never tolerate an un-helpful agent on the phone. You can and should have asked to be transferred to their supervisor. If they don't know what they are doing, their supervisor needs to know. In addition, hopefully the supervisor could answer all your questions.

Hello,

Here’s my question: The Royal app indicates that Jamie’s Italian is open for lunch on embarkation day. Can I use my free lunch perk to eat there on embarkation day so that I don’t have to brave the WJ? Is it fairly easy to book while on board? The Royal rep told me I couldn’t make reservations in advance (??)

By the way, the kids cabin is registered under their name..

By the way, the kids cabin is registered under their name. I got an extra bottle of wine by simply having my 2 grandkids sharing a cabin with each parent.:D