Carry on luggage

bobbismith

If your asking about a carry-on the size for airlines. I like e-bags. I think they are really good quality. If you are asking for a back pack or smaller type carry on, I just buy one that can be folded up small and light weight so I can take it on excursions and it doesn't weigh me down or be bulky. I have no real brand that I like.

For travelling "carry-on only" (on airlines) WATCH THE WEIGHT. Airlines are starting to weigh carry-on luggage. Check specific airline's website.

Our thrift-shop and yardsale carryons were nearing their lifespan and we got spinners. I thought they were tremendous, but we only used them for one, maybe two trips, before bumping into the weight dilemma. Somehow I found IT Luggage, and their 2-wheeled Los Angeles line -- the carryon weighs just 3.6 POUNDS! Our hardshell spinners weigh something like eight lbs each. The difference is a lot of clothes if you have a travel wardrobe of high-tech synthetics, which we have attained over years of travel.

I actually was surprised to see the carryon back on eBags in new colors; I thought IT had discontinued the line!

https://www.ebags.com/product/it-luggage/worlds-lightest-los-angeles-2-wheel-219-carry-on/298752?productid=10465811

In addition we carry (wear) daypacks of not-over-sized dimensions; ones that will go under the seat fairly easily. We do NOT wear our bulkiest shoes but rather the most comfortable, easy-off ones. Beyond that, if it doesn't fit it doesn't go!

Oh, yes, one other point is that just because you fly carry-on only, it doesn't mean you can't 'check' your 21" bag with the long-shoremen at the port.

I actually was surprised to see the carryon back on eBags in new colors; I thought IT had discontinued the line!

https://www.ebags.com/product/it-luggage/worlds-lightest-los-angeles-2-wheel-219-carry-on/298752?productid=10465811

Oh, yes, one other point is that just because you fly carry-on only, it doesn't mean you can't 'check' your 21" bag with the long-shoremen at the port.

That’s the bag we like. Glad it’s back.

Images

I love this carry-on. My husband had one for four years and I decided to get one last year. We use it as a backpack when we have checked bags with us. And wheel it through the airport after we give up the checked bags. We unzip the daypack from the front and put that under the seat with items we need during the flight. The carry on goes up. We also use the daypack on excursions. We have had many flight attendants stop us and ask to take a closer look.

These pictures make it look much larger than it really is.

• 636114476be01.jpg?sw=185&sh=185&sm=fit
  • 636114476be02.jpg?sw=185&sh=185&sm=fit
  • 636114476be03.jpg?sw=185&sh=185&sm=fit
  • 636114476be04.jpg?sw=185&sh=185&sm=fit
  • 636114476bi01.jpg?sw=185&sh=185&sm=fit

Details

https://shop.highsierra.com/free-shipping-on-backpacks-and-lunch-bags/high-sierra-ultimate-access-2.0-carry-on-wheeled-backpack-with-removable-daypack/636114476.htmlItem 636114476

HIGH SIERRA ULTIMATE ACCESS 2.0 CARRY-ON WHEELED BACKPACK WITH REMOVABLE DAYPACK

I use a 21" Delsey for all my cruises. It's small enough to fit in a plane's overhead, and large enough for everything I'll need clothes wise for a cruise. I'll carry a shoulder bag for valuables like meds, travel docs, electronics, etc. as well.

That's all I'll carry - I do use laundry service on 7 day and longer cruises.

#compozer

That is a very interesting bag! We once had an Eagle Creek combo bag like that (although it was taller, I think a full 22"), but the wheels gave out. If airlines get so strict we can't use our 21" IT carryons (above), I would look strongly at bags like yours.

I really love it. But as I said, the picture makes it look twice its size.

Images

I love this carry-on. My husband had one for four years and I decided to get one last year. We use it as a backpack when we have checked bags with us. And wheel it through the airport after we give up the checked bags. We unzip the daypack from the front and put that under the seat with items we need during the flight. The carry on goes up. We also use the daypack on excursions. We have had many flight attendants stop us and ask to take a closer look.

These pictures make it look much larger than it really is.

• 636114476be01.jpg?sw=185&sh=185&sm=fit
  • 636114476be02.jpg?sw=185&sh=185&sm=fit
  • 636114476be03.jpg?sw=185&sh=185&sm=fit
  • 636114476be04.jpg?sw=185&sh=185&sm=fit
  • 636114476bi01.jpg?sw=185&sh=185&sm=fit

Details

https://shop.highsierra.com/free-shipping-on-backpacks-and-lunch-bags/high-sierra-ultimate-access-2.0-carry-on-wheeled-backpack-with-removable-daypack/636114476.htmlItem 636114476

HIGH SIERRA ULTIMATE ACCESS 2.0 CARRY-ON WHEELED BACKPACK WITH REMOVABLE DAYPACK

Great bag. Looks near perfect. :)