Facing front stateroom on Oasis

WarEagleLady

Hi guys!

Finally got our oceanview guarantee! We will be in 11502 - which is smack dab facing front! We are excited about it, but it is so hard to find information on these cabins! Does anyone have any insight into these facing front cabins? Do you feel a lot of rocking?

TIA!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Hi guys!

Finally got our oceanview guarantee! We will be in 11502 - which is smack dab facing front! We are excited about it, but it is so hard to find information on these cabins! Does anyone have any insight into these facing front cabins? Do you feel a lot of rocking?

TIA!

I have to ask, are you from Arkansas? I love the War Eagle Craft Fair! Enjoy your cruise!

I have to ask, are you from Arkansas? I love the War Eagle Craft Fair! Enjoy your cruise!

Hi! Nope I am not :) I am an Auburn Alum, and it’s kind of engrained in our blood to say war eagle to each other now and forever! The craft fair does sound awesome - I actually went to one today! :)

Once it has been assigned you can change to any other cabin anywhere on the ship without charge if you keep the same category. I would move to a port or starboard cabin, your view will be of the helicopter pad and you will be directly under the bridge. . This assumes you are from the US.

Yup, in the US - if you don’t mind me asking, is it just the view of the helipad that would be worth the change or are there other reasons?

I have no idea. (never had a cabin in the very front), but there is a You Tube video of 9502, which is the same as yours, only 2 decks down. At least you will be able to see what it looks like.

Thanks for the tip! If you don’t mind me asking, what did you search? I’m having a little trouble locating it!

I had one on the 14 night eastbound Freedom TA last year, 9504. The cabin was great. There were 2 nights that were really rocky but I never felt like I would fall out of bed. The only thing was it was a long walk to most venues. Since Oasis is bigger than Freedom the walk will be even longer. The good thing was all that walking kept me from gaining any weight. I would not hesitate to book a forward facing cabin again.

One cruise we had a forward facing cabin. It was interesting that after the sun went down, we were required to keep our curtains closed. I think it interfered with the view for the bridge. The configuration of the cabin was different but bigger. :cool:

Hi guys!

TIA!

Hi,

I had the same kind of cabin on Anthem (think it was deck 10) - it had the most amazing views over the winch pad and would definitely advise to keep it. I remember feeling a bit sea sick on one particular day but I don’t think that was anything to do with the cabin placement, more to do with the Bay of Biscay :') so I wouldn’t worry about feeling too much rocking! I liked my cabin so much I have one in pretty much the same place booked on Spectrum next year! :):)

I have had such cabin on freedom class and loved them! Great forward view; lots of ocean and you can see the upcoming ports, just as they can on the bridge. Look down and you’ll see helipad, but it does not interfere with your big view. Extra space under slanted your front window, so cabin didn’t feel cramped. We were told to close curtains at night so our lights would not bother the bridge (NBD, the steward always closes them anyway).

In general Oasis does not move very much, so that forward cabin probably won’t have a lot of motion unless your sailing encounters an exceptional number of swells.

Unless you are very prone to seasickness or if long walks to stair/ elevator are difficult for you, I’d say keep that cabin. I believe you drew a very lucky gty assignment...one I’d envy very, very much! That cabin sounds much better than a standard OV on a low deck.

Yup, in the US - if you don’t mind me asking, is it just the view of the helipad that would be worth the change or are there other reasons?

Go to youtube and search Symphony of the Seas, look for a video from ..LIFEbyFRANCESCO. They are in a front cabin on deck 11 and show a view out the window as well as the cabin. happy cruising

I can't remember what cabin number we were but my sister and I did OV guarantee and were assigned literally front and center. We had to keep the curtain closed at night. We had a front(ish) room on Grandeur before and it was absolutely terrible so we were ready to brace ourselves. It was before I knew you could switch within the same category. Oasis is such a large ship that we felt literally NOTHING. The room was a tad bigger because it jets out to the side since its the front of the boat so we were able to store our luggage there. For an OV we loved that room and if I ever booked an OV again, I wouldn't hesitate to book there.

We have had this type of room twice, once on Oasis and once on Harmony, both the result of an OV guarantee. We really liked them and did not notice any movement. Would happily stay in one again. As our room was on deck 7 both times the view was a bit limited but you should have a fantastic view. Enjoy. [emoji4]55ec65a75b6fd12723a94f06523822e4.jpgfe11d9791866dc19e77ca578ee04fdbe.jpgb468a55cde8ad6197ad313f039f8a841.jpg

Sent from my SM-T320 using Tapatalk

We have had this type of room twice, once on Oasis and once on Harmony, both the result of an OV guarantee. We really liked them and did not notice any movement. Would happily stay in one again. As our room was on deck 7 both times the view was a bit limited but you should have a fantastic view. Enjoy. [emoji4]55ec65a75b6fd12723a94f06523822e4.jpgfe11d9791866dc19e77ca578ee04fdbe.jpgb468a55cde8ad6197ad313f039f8a841.jpg

Great photo. Shows what I meant about jetting out on the sides. We just have been on deck. I feel like that was the deck. We had a better view. I liked the room overall

I respect that you liked the view, but I think I would want to see more of (any of?) the ocean in an ocean view room.
We book an OV room just to have a window so weren't bothered about seeing the ocean but I can understand that it could well be an issue for some. And it is certainly true that on deck 7 we couldn't see the ocean at all.

I respect that you liked the view, but I think I would want to see more of (any of?) the ocean in an ocean viewy room.

Easy to fix that...if you book a forward facing OV, remember to book higher then deck seven for the view you want. Each deck you go up will give you less deck view and more ocean view.

I have read on the boards that once your cabin is assigned you can ask to have it switched to any other open cabin in the exact same category, although I am not sure that would be an option for non-US bookings.

OP said theirs was a guarantee OV. Do you get to pick the deck with those?

I have read on the boards that once your cabin is assigned you can ask to have it switched to any other open cabin in the exact same category, although I am not sure that would be an option for non-US bookings.

You are correct, that change has not been allowed on non-US/Canadian bookings.