Getting Credit for Very Old Cruise??

PandaBear62

Years ago (January 1986), I sailed on the Noordam on a B2B cruise to Mexico for 14 days. I never really thought too much about it, because with having kids and then paying for school and college, we weren't cruising. Well, my youngest is almost out of college, dh is retiring soon and now were taking many cruises!!

Has anyone heard of getting credit for a cruise from that long ago?

That is quite interesting but I would not expect you to get credit for what you have detailed.

Noordam was not christened and taking guests until Feburary 22, 2006. Brand nedw ship.

I know as I was there. You could not have sailed the current Noordam until February 22, 2006 or after..

My Dad’s first cruise was with HAL in 1994 and it shows up on his record. I do not know when they started to computerize.

I was on 3 Royal Carribean Cruises in 1983, 1984,and 1988 before Royal Carribean was computerized. In 2005 I took a cruise with friends on Royal Carribean. I had to send proof to Royal Carribean of the Cruises which for the first two I still had a scrap book that had copies of my boarding passes, so they gave credit for two.

I would give the Mariner Society a call to check it out. They could have records back to 1986.

That is quite interesting but I would not expect you to get credit for what you have detailed.

Noordam was not christened and taking guests until Feburary 22, 2006. Brand nedw ship.

I know as I was there. You could not have sailed the current Noordam until February 22, 2006 or after..

The OP must have sailed the previous Noordam.

We asked for and received credit for a 1999 cruise on the Rotterdam.

go ahead and book your cruise.

You may well find you are already one star and if not, just call the Mariner's Society. You have your dates and you should be fine.

BTW, we sailed on HAL in the early 1980's, didn't return until much later (university had to be paid for ;) )

Amazingly enough, it was already in my records.

Mariner's Society is wonderful. I think you will be fine.

The OP must have sailed the previous Noordam.

We asked for and received credit for a 1999 cruise on the Rotterdam.

I purosefully wrote 'current Noordam' as I am not sure when old Noordam IV left the fleet.

However I THINK her last HAL cruises might have been in Europe not in Mexico or Caribbean

Edited by sail7seas

YES. Our friends cruised from London to Australia 30 plus years ago. He found the ticket in his wife's scrap book. Took a picture and sent it in to Princess. They got masses of credit instantly because the cruise quite long. It was apparently a very straightforward process. Helps if you have something to prove you were on the ship I guess.

Yes, b ut you sailed fhose cruises.

Panda stated date that i is impossib le for crrent Noordam Maybe it was Noordam IV? but maybe not?

Hope she lets us know when she gets it sorted out. :)

By all means, Panda, call Mriners Society and ask

Edited by sail7seas

Super, thanks for all of the comments. I will call and see if they have a record. It was definitely the Noordam, as I have pictures. I looked it up and it appears that there have been multiple Noordam's from the HAL!

We are doing our cruise next summer regardless of if I can get this credit or not. But if I can, it would be nice!

Again, many thanks.

I got credit on Carnival in 2013 for a cruise that I did in 2002. I found our embarkation photo that had the name of the ship and date. Maybe do some searching through those old photos for something similar. Good luck!

Edited by Peggy Tuten
wrong year

I wish I had SOMETHING to prove we sailed the Statendam to Hawaii and back (nice chunk of days, there!) but I don't even know the YEAR for sure! dr'spin says November 1999. And Vancouver to Seward (only 7 days, but I'd take them) in 2009. Maybe they DO have record, but if so why did they not apply them already?

ETA: I just checked and we do have (7 days) credit for 2009, just no onboard spending credit despite doing all ship's tours.

Edited by crystalspin

Super, thanks for all of the comments. I will call and see if they have a record. It was definitely the Noordam, as I have pictures. I looked it up and it appears that there have been multiple Noordam's from the HAL!

We are doing our cruise next summer regardless of if I can get this credit or not. But if I can, it would be nice!

Again, many thanks.

HAL often reuses ship names when they add new ships to the fleet.

The current Noordam is the fiifth to have that name in HAL's histroy. The immediate predessor with that name was Noordam IV..

Please let us know if you are able to figure out which ship Ii it was you sailed/

Edited by sail7seas

I wish I had SOMETHING to prove we sailed the Statendam to Hawaii and back (nice chunk of days, there!) but I don't even know the YEAR for sure! dr'spin says November 1999. And Vancouver to Seward (only 7 days, but I'd take them) in 2009. Maybe they DO have record, but if so why did they not apply them already?

Definitely contact the Mariner Society. I was missing credit for a cruise in 2002 and contacted them in 2011. Turns out I already had credit for the cruise but was assigned a second mariner number. Once I asked it was easy to get the records merged. It might be something that easy to fix.

Roy

Sail, I'm pretty sure that's true although I'm so far from that point I don't really know. Stpatsirish, it's certainly worth asking although I wonder if there is a cutoff point where there was no Mariner program so days before that might not count. All they can say is no, but they might say yes.

Roy

The previous Noordam left the fleet to go to Thompson in 2005. We were on the Oosterdam in St. Maarten in 2004 and she was in port with us. She tendered we docked. DW and I have freakishly good memories.

OP - If you have documentation, send it in. The Noordam was our first HAL cruise, or any cruise for that matter, in 1994. The cruise was retroactively added for us when the Mariner Society came into being.

Years ago (January 1986), I sailed on the Noordam on a B2B cruise to Mexico for 14 days. I never really thought too much about it, because with having kids and then paying for school and college, we weren't cruising. Well, my youngest is almost out of college, dh is retiring soon and now were taking many cruises!!

Has anyone heard of getting credit for a cruise from that long ago?

In 1973 we cruised on Cunard .I tried last year to get credit for that and was told that too many years had passed .However,I did get credit for a 1994 Carnival cruise .