Warm enough for using. The pools?

bronxboy683

I am going to give you a firm maybe. :halo:

When you board and for the first day or so, I would imagine they will be pretty darn cold. By the time you're down to your southernmost port, it's more likely.

For point of reference I am from MN. We wear shorts when it's 60 out. I would never swim in the pacific off of CA in Nov. The air might be hot but the water Is still cold.

Since they drain and refill the pools each night, the pool water is always cool

Until 30 people have been in the water for a couple of hours with nobody getting out for bathroom breaks. 🤢[emoji6]

As others have said, the answer is a maybe yes, maybe not. There are times when the air temperature is hot and the pool is cold, and vice versa. I always remember being in the pool on an Alaska cruise; air temperature was in the 60’s, the sun was shining, but the pool water was warm. Kinda neat to be in my bathing suit while watching the snow capped mountain scenery go by.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

are the pools heated for Alaskan cruises?

I guess it depends on the ship. On the particular ship that we sailed on, I can’t tell you if it was heated, but it did have a retractable roof. They would keep it closed from early evening until the next day until the temperatures climbed a bit. They would then open the retractable roof. The air temp would cool down but the water would remain warm.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

if anyone knows the weather in November, please give me some stock tips (LOL), especially the L.A. area, could be 60, could be 90. They use sea water and the Pacific is much colder than the Caribbean

LOL

I have no doubt there will be at least a couple days you can swim as Mexico is almost always warm.

What's your point? Think about what you just posted. The pools are the ocean.

The pools are not as cool as the ocean and they warm up quickly. (After all, they are not sucking the ocean up from the bottom of the ocean.) To compare ocean diving to a small pool is utterly ridiculous.

The pools are not as cool as the ocean and they warm up quickly.

I've cruised the Mexican Riviera 8 times with Carnival on 3 different ships and not once was there a pool warm enough for me to submerge myself. I have stood on the platform around the pools that has a few inches of water on it but that's all. I do swim in the ocean in Puerto Vallarta in late fall and winter so for me there is something cold about the pools on Carnival. It most likely has to do with the fact that Carnival's pools are unheated salt water that circulates through a closed pump system.

Diving for over 40 years, deeper is not necessarily cooler. What you are saying is not factual. I dove in Grand Turk, my dive computer registered 82 degrees water temperature. The pool was freezing, didn't test the temp, but it was colder in the pool. Day and night swings pool temperatures much more than ocean temperatures.

On the 5 day I went on in January, I was in the pool the first sea day! It was a little chilly but warmed up a lot the next couple days at port when we were further south. The only day that was too cold for the pool was the last sea day on the way back.

Diving for over 40 years, deeper is not necessarily cooler. What you are saying is not factual. I dove in Grand Turk, my dive computer registered 82 degrees water temperature. The pool was freezing, didn't test the temp, but it was colder in the pool. Day and night swings pool temperatures much more than ocean temperatures.

I believe you. Here's a friendly suggestion: these threads are easier to read if you click on the quote button and then type your response. In this case people may have to go back a page to see who you are addressing.

I've cruised the Mexican Riviera 8 times with Carnival on 3 different ships and not once was there a pool warm enough for me to submerge myself. I have stood on the platform around the pools that has a few inches of water on it but that's all. I do swim in the ocean in Puerto Vallarta in late fall and winter so for me there is something cold about the pools on Carnival. It most likely has to do with the fact that Carnival's pools are unheated salt water that circulates through a closed pump system.

Wow, I have cruised the Mex Riv over 50 times and not once was I unable to use the pool.