Transferred deposit on RCCL

The cruise I booked earlier is now offering $200 Obc compared to my $75 and the cabin is $78 cheaper. I called RCCL and got a really helpful person and asked if it was possible to obtain the latest offer and keep the same cabin, he said no problem he would cancel the original booking and transfer the deposit over to the new one. The main difference is I now have a non refundable deposit. I just hope the deposit gets changed over before the 29th May as according to the new booking it will be automatically cancelled. He did say it can take 24 hrs for the new booking to show although he sent through the new offer details. Really pleased I phoned and asked. Last time I did this they cancelled the booking and refunded the deposit and I had to send off a new one so I am hoping this works out ok.

John.

Great thanks kfreney, good to know. I was a bit concerned when the RCCL rep sent me an email of the offer detail guest copy sheet with all details and cost but no mention of the deposit, I guess that has to go through other channels. He did say it will take 24hrs to show cruise on my upcoming cruises.

Cheers John

The cruise I booked earlier is now offering $200 Obc compared to my $75 and the cabin is $78 cheaper. I called RCCL and got a really helpful person and asked if it was possible to obtain the latest offer and keep the same cabin, he said no problem he would cancel the original booking and transfer the deposit over to the new one. The main difference is I now have a non refundable deposit. I just hope the deposit gets changed over before the 29th May as according to the new booking it will be automatically cancelled. He did say it can take 24 hrs for the new booking to show although he sent through the new offer details. Really pleased I phoned and asked. Last time I did this they cancelled the booking and refunded the deposit and I had to send off a new one so I am hoping this works out ok.

John.

everything should be ok but seeing you have a non refundable deposit now any more price drops you wont be able to get unless you cancel out and rebook and lose your deposit

personally i dont like those non refundable deposits and i'd rather pay more and if things change you dont lose your deposit

everything should be ok but seeing you have a non refundable deposit now any more price drops you wont be able to get unless you cancel out and rebook and lose your deposit

personally i dont like those non refundable deposits and i'd rather pay more and if things change you dont lose your deposit

Yes I agree. I don't know why I ended up with a non refundable deposit, I just assumed it was part of the flash sale.:confused:

Yes I agree. I don't know why I ended up with a non refundable deposit, I just assumed it was part of the flash sale.:confused:

if you book another cruise tell the agent what deposit you want to pay

if you book a cruise and know you wont cancel out you can take the non refundable deposit and you'll save money but i tend to book a long way out so i like the refundable deposits

if you book another cruise tell the agent what deposit you want to pay

if you book a cruise and know you wont cancel out you can take the non refundable deposit and you'll save money but i tend to book a long way out so i like the refundable deposits

I also tend to book well in advance and as I am getting long in the tooth I also favour the refundable.

I also tend to book well in advance and as I am getting long in the tooth I also favour the refundable.

i cruise princess a lot and i prefer their booking system and website over RCI

i can buy a Future Cruise Deposit cruising with Princess for $100 and thats my deposit paid and i can cancel out up to 181 days and get my FCD back to use on another cruise...i think a .better option than RCI

i can buy a Future Cruise Deposit cruising with Princess for $100 and thats my deposit paid and i can cancel out up to 181 days and get my FCD back to use on another cruise...i think a .better option than RCI

Yes I like the sound of that. Thinking of cruising with Princess again next year. Will be nice to get back to an easier format for booking.

Just noticed that the correct cabin number is on my paperwork but wrong cabin number is on the cruise planner. Maybe it will change when my new reservation number goes through. Anyone else had this problem on the new website ?

I booked RCCL for September 2019 with a non refundable deposit of $800. Last week I saw my cabin was $500 cheaper on a promotion and tried to get the booking transferred to the cheaper rate. RCCL told me the only way I could get the cheaper rate was to re book and therefore lose my non refundable deposit. I explained that RCCL already had my deposit and I was not requesting a refund just a transfer to the cheaper rate for the same cabin on the same cruise but RCCL would not budge. Obviously I did not want to forfeit $800 to save $500 and left the booking as it was. The new rates for non refundable deposits may appear cheaper but you are left with no flexibility whatsoever.

Yes I agree that the Princess system is definitely better. RCCL is just trying to lock people in and eliminate people booking multiple cruises and then chopping and changing before the deposit refund deadline. Don't be surprised if Princess and the others eventually adopt the same policy.

I booked RCCL for September 2019 with a non refundable deposit of $800. Last week I saw my cabin was $500 cheaper on a promotion and tried to get the booking transferred to the cheaper rate. RCCL told me the only way I could get the cheaper rate was to re book and therefore lose my non refundable deposit. I explained that RCCL already had my deposit and I was not requesting a refund just a transfer to the cheaper rate for the same cabin on the same cruise but RCCL would not budge. Obviously I did not want to forfeit $800 to save $500 and left the booking as it was. The new rates for non refundable deposits may appear cheaper but you are left with no flexibility whatsoever.

That is a shame I thought they would have come to the party seeing they have the deposit there. I would try phoning again and get someone different. Someone on here did mention they had no joy with their first call over some problem but then spoke to someone else and got it sorted. You never know, worth a try.

John.

Update. Everything has worked out fine having save $203 by changing my booking. The one thing that is not fine is that having been assured that my new booking will be exactly as the old one I have now lost my MTD and am now on 8.30pm dining & I do not eat at that time of night plus I like to go to the shows at that time.. Now my family who are in the next cabin are on MTD and I am not. Phoned up to get it changed and was told there were no more available, nothing they can do. How that happened I don't know as the RCCL agent changed over the booking while I was on the phone. At least my Stateroom number is the same.

Update. Everything has worked out fine having save $203 by changing my booking. The one thing that is not fine is that having been assured that my new booking will be exactly as the old one I have now lost my MTD and am now on 8.30pm dining & I do not eat at that time of night plus I like to go to the shows at that time.. Now my family who are in the next cabin are on MTD and I am not. Phoned up to get it changed and was told there were no more available, nothing they can do. How that happened I don't know as the RCCL agent changed over the booking while I was on the phone. At least my Stateroom number is the same.

John when there's a price drop they have to cancel out and rebook the cruise again and sometimes you could lose your cabin and now you've lost your dining time but at least you've saved $203

once onboard on the first night see if you can ask the Maitre D if they can put you on MTD

John when there's a price drop they have to cancel out and rebook the cruise again and sometimes you could lose your cabin and now you've lost your dining time but at least you've saved $203

once onboard on the first night see if you can ask the Maitre D if they can put you on MTD

Thank you, Yes RCCL suggested sorting it out once onboard. Not really fussed about loosing the MTD as I am appreciative of receiving the lower priced cabin and quite a bit more OBC for the wife & Daughter to spend. :rolleyes:And as I said grateful that at least I retained my cabin.:D

Cheers John.

That’s exactly why they brought the non refundable deposits in, absolutely no flexibility, but get a cheaper rate. I’ll only book refundable so i have flexibility unless its a last minute cruise. If you could just transfer and keep getting the cheaper price there would be no incentive to get the refundable rate....

That’s the advantage of booking directly with RC.

But I always find a agent is cheaper

Yes this was surprising to me. We have now booked RC twice in the last year and both times we saved several hundred by going through a travel agency online. Not the case with Carnival where direct seems to be the exact deal offered by the agencies.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums