What Are Your Favorite Moments On A Cruise?

Luvcrusn

We're leaving in a couple weeks for our cruise on Reflection and looking forward to it. There are so many moments we love, but here's two favorites. We love starting the morning, wrapped in robes on the balcony with coffee and croissants and staring at the sea. We love ending the evening on the balcony with a nice glass of wine talking over the day that was and planning the coming day while listening to the sea and looking at the stars.

How romantic you guys are.

Like coffee on the balcony , walk a couple of miles around the ship or in the gym. Grab chairs around the pool and swim most of the day with a nap in between. Then drinks on the balcony pre dinner, followed by great dinner and show, then crawl into bed exhausted.:):):)

The nights we are up late 1am or later, I️ love wandering around the upper deck. Perfectly quiet. View of the stars. Sound of the ocean. Usually a nice breeze.

But my favorite feeling is our first drink at the martini bar. Settling in. Taking a photo and knowing this will be our routine for the next 7 or 14 nights.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We enjoy coffee and breakfast on our balcony watching the sun rise, staring at the wake. Late afternoon relaxing on the balcony with a cheese plate and a shrimp plate and to end the day, staring at the stars and watching the moon turn the wake to silver. It doesn’t get any better!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Walking out on to the balcony for the first time and wishing you could freeze time and the cruise would never come to an end! Loved our routine of hanging by the pool for the day and then going in and cleaning up to plant ourselves at the Martini Bar for a few hours before dinner. Counting down 18 more days!!

I have several:

First the moment you cross from the gangway onto the ship. It is almost magical as my "real life" melts away.

Second, my massage at 8am on the first morning. Don't care that the spa is over priced. It says my vacation has begun.

Third: sail away drink and the breeze from a moving ship HEAVEN!

Fourth: any time at the Martini Bar surrounded by friends new and old.

16 weeks and counting.

We're leaving in a couple weeks for our cruise on Reflection and looking forward to it. There are so many moments we love, but here's two favorites. We love starting the morning, wrapped in robes on the balcony with coffee and croissants and staring at the sea. We love ending the evening on the balcony with a nice glass of wine talking over the day that was and planning the coming day while listening to the sea and looking at the stars.

Meeting people and having interesting conversations.

I have several:

First the moment you cross from the gangway onto the ship. It is almost magical as my "real life" melts away.

Second, my massage at 8am on the first morning. Don't care that the spa is over priced. It says my vacation has begun.

Third: sail away drink and the breeze from a moving ship HEAVEN!

Fourth: any time at the Martini Bar surrounded by friends new and old.

16 weeks and counting.

All of the above but not the message? Think I'll try it in the next cruise!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Great thread Luvcrusn! November 27 will be here before we know it! I love all of the pre planning anticipation and making new friends on the Roll calls. Next would be the excitement of embarkation. It is always so exiting to see the ship sitting at the pier! Next would be the sea days which are my favorites days on a cruise. Heck there is nothing I dislike about cruising!

Cheers,

JoAnne

Great thread Luvcrusn! November 27 will be here before we know it! I love all of the pre planning anticipation and making new friends on the Roll calls. Next would be the excitement of embarkation. It is always so exiting to see the ship sitting at the pier! Next would be the sea days which are my favorites days on a cruise. Heck there is nothing I dislike about cruising!

Cheers,

JoAnne

Two weeks from now we'll be eating turkey with the fam, then off to FLL:D. I can't believe our roll call is now 70 pages! It's been nice to share the anticipation with shipmates as happy to sail as we always are!

Muster drill and debarkation???? NOT!!!!! ;p

1) There is something magical about the "ding" after swiping your sea pass as you enter from the gangway upon embarkation. Free at last!!

2) The first drink upon embarkation at the Martini Bar.

3) Watching the initial sail away from the top deck...breeze in your face

Great thread!

Our pleasure starts before we board....We usually try to book a hotel room with a view of the dock for a couple of nights pre cruise....we will watch the ship on Marine Traffic slowly approaching....We will even set the alarm for silly o’clock to watch her come in and moor up!

Then as Denie said it is that ‘ding’ on boarding and as grannyofsix says when you are all unpacked!

Lovely refreshing post, thanks Luvcrusn!

1) There is something magical about the "ding" after swiping your sea pass as you enter from the gangway upon embarkation. Free at last!!

Yes, and no matter how many times I've cruised, that first "ding" is just as exciting as the first!

We sail in 28 days, and for me the fun has begun. Suitcases are out on the bed in the guest bedroom and this weekend I'll start my packing piles. Everything will be rolled into packing cubes the day before we leave. Lists on lists. There are lots of things I love about our cruise vacation that give me butterflies. In fact, have them now thinking about it!

We always fly out the day before...having my pre-flight Mimosa at Bubbles at O'Hare Airport. :D

Staying at a luxury hotel pre-cruise (they've gotten nicer now that we're empty nesters) and enjoying a drink poolside. (Especially enjoyable when it's cold back home!!)

Finally getting to attach our cruise luggage tags!

The ride to the pier and seeing all the ships!! *goosebumps*

I could go on and on! Especially excited that this will be my husband's first time sailing with X. I've done nothing but rave about it since I've sailed with them, twice now with our daughters. And we've upgraded to a Signature Suite, so that's new and exciting. I'm already driving my husband crazy with all the "next month at this time..." stuff! I can tell he's getting excited though. He's definitely ready for a vacation.