Aurea Private Sundeck

stoddaj1

I see it's been a few months since anyone posted in this topic, but I have been doing a little research about the private sun deck for my upcoming cruise that I'll have access to with the Aurea experience, and I thought it was worth noting that it looks like MSC Seaside will have a pretty expansive Top 19 Exclusive Solarium with numerous deck chairs, 4 whirlpool tubs, and day beds!

Another great feature is the Aurea Bar between the solarium and the YC area... from what I've read on some other ships there is no bar near the solarium, so this was a great way to plan the new ship.

I know I'll be spending some time in those 4 hot tubs!

2hpocn6.png

The pool is a deck lower than the top 19 solarium.

I think Aurea guests might be miffed if YC guests are using that area seeing as YC has its own private area that no one else can use!

Yeah, if I had YC I wouldn’t see any reason to use the other solarium... much more exclusive in YC.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thank you for answering my question. I have just booked the yacht club for an upcoming cruise in January but I have never sailed MSC and I am very confused as to what is included in the yacht club and how it works. MSC's website is not easy to follow and since the Seaside is a new build there is limited information available.

Thank you for answering my question. I have just booked the yacht club for an upcoming cruise in January but I have never sailed MSC and I am very confused as to what is included in the yacht club and how it works. MSC's website is not easy to follow and since the Seaside is a new build there is limited information available.

You won’t regret it! Basically YC is a private section of the ship that has its own lounge, dining room, pool, jacuzzis, sun deck, bar, etc. that can only be accessed by the approx. 150 guests staying in YC suites (big, well appointed suites with mini-bars).

You’ll have 24 hour concierge and butler service, room service, and unlimited drinks including alcohol. It should be a blast!

Limom ... YC is its own enclosure with its own sun deck,pool and hot tubs plus bar and restaurant, you are allowed to go around the rest of the ship and the included YC drinks are also available at the other bars throughout the ship.

The pool is a deck lower than the top 19 solarium.

I think Aurea guests might be miffed if YC guests are using that area seeing as YC has its own private area that no one else can use!

If the Aurea sundeck is adults only some YC guests might wanna use it because of that. I think that it's fair that YC guests can use it since we pay more for our cruise. I'm not sure that YC guests can use the area but if they are allowed there I see no reason not to use it.

If the Aurea sundeck is adults only some YC guests might wanna use it because of that. I think that it's fair that YC guests can use it since we pay more for our cruise. I'm not sure that YC guests can use the area but if they are allowed there I see no reason not to use it.

From what I’ve read about the private sun deck on other threads, it’s not adults only. This doesn’t mean that it will have several kids there, but those who booked Aurea cabins with kids will have every right to use the private sun deck.

All guests who aren’t booked in Aurea have the ability to pay to use the private sun deck as well. Whether this is included in YC fare, I wouldn’t know.

I absolutely think it’s fair for YC guests to use the private sundeck, I just wouldn’t see why they’d want to do that vs staying in the YC deck area :)

What you are in effect saying is that you are happy to prevent people who have paid more for their cruise from using their own private area despite the YC having its own!

If the “private” sun deck really were exclusive to only Aurea guests, I’d agree with you, but anyone can pay to use the private solarium so YC may as well have access too. I can’t imagine any kids staying in YC will be too much of a burden in the YC pool area so my choice would be the YC deck.

From what I’ve read about the private sun deck on other threads, it’s not adults only. This doesn’t mean that it will have several kids there, but those who booked Aurea cabins with kids will have every right to use the private sun deck.

All guests who aren’t booked in Aurea have the ability to pay to use the private sun deck as well. Whether this is included in YC fare, I wouldn’t know.

I absolutely think it’s fair for YC guests to use the private sundeck, I just wouldn’t see why they’d want to do that vs staying in the YC deck area :)

I have seen that officially it's suppoed to be adults only but that they let kids be there anyway. (For example post #13 in this thread) I'm not sure how it is.

All guests who aren’t booked in Aurea have the ability to pay to use the private sun deck as well.

This wasn't allowed on Meraviglia and I imagine that MSC will apply the same restrictions on Seaside. Both these classes of ship are a departure from the usual MSC operation. I reckon they're testing the waters (pardon the pun) with the innovations - there were some noticeable differences on Meraviglia from what we've experienced on MSC's other class ships.

I sure hope you’re both correct, id love for it to be an adults only area! If that’s the case, then I’d definitely understand why someone in YC would like to spend time there instead of in the YC deck area if it gets a bit rowdy with the kids there.

I was on MSC Meraviglia this September. You couldn't buy passes to the Aurea deck. They had a large hot tub and small bar. YC guests were allowed to use it as well.

Sent from my SM-N910F using Forums mobile app

Nice! It makes sense that things on Seaside will be more similar to Meraviglia, hopefully that’s how it is! The more exclusive the better [emoji39]

Is the Aurea sundeck the same as the Top 18 Sundeck?

If yes it's supposed to be adults only according to msccruisesusa.com.

So, maybe we'll meet up on the Top 18, SC ;p I'll instruct the waiter to have the champagne on ice just in case you deign to leave the lofty YC enclave and join us plebs down in steerage :D

So, maybe we'll meet up on the Top 18, SC ;p I'll instruct the waiter to have the champagne on ice just in case you deign to leave the lofty YC enclave and join us plebs down in steerage :D

Maybe I can smuggle out some food from Le Muse so that we have something to eat with the Champagne! (y)

Don't forget that you have to bow every time you meet someone from the YC!