Evening chic

goldfish1111

You won’t be alone. DH and I are tux and long gown folks. Cocktail dress, sport coat and tie is the least dressed up we will be at night. Everyone should dress as they like and have the vacation they want. We simply choose to dress up as it pleases us.

Agree. We still dress formal on the chic evening. We could care less if we are the only two in the MDR or the whole ship that is dressed that way.

Are shorts allowed first night? We have only cruised RCCL and this is allowed. We don’t always receive luggage in time for first seating dinner. Do I need to pack dress pants in carry-on?

Yes.

Thank you Alakegirl that is what I thought. He doesn't want to wear long sleeves since we'll be in the Caribbean

It’s a dress up night, probably best to wear a button down shirt. It’s one night, he’ll be fine.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I would be very surprised if anyone was turned away from MDR on first night. I wear traditional blue jeans when we're flying, along with walking shoes. On our first cruise with X , which was before the dress code changed, our luggage didn't arrive till after dinner so we had no choice but to wear jeans and sneaks....there were plenty of others dressed the same and no one was turned away. On the second night it was different but I cannot believe anyone would be denied admission to MDR on the first or last night of the cruise.....and I think packing dress pants in my carry on so that I can have dinner served to me after traveling all day would be a terrible imposition.

Wife and I are planning to dress up a bit for this cruise. She bought a couple of dresses and made me buy a suit. Heck, I'll have to get buried in something......

Always remember what mother used to say: "If anything happens to you, for God sakes make sure you're wearing clean underwear!" Bill Cosby shot that one down.. "It doesn't work! First you say it, then you do it!"