Just back from PG Fiji cruise

Cruisedreamer1

I am a little jet lagged but still standing. The cruise personal and customer service are still provided in great form. The champagne and other drinks still flow freely. The crew members I spoke to are cautiously excited about the change of ownership. I think the new management will put in place some nice changes for the cruise experience. For example, the bath toiletries will be 2.5 oz. L'Occitane gels and lotions.

I found more service this time than in my past 3 cruises on the PG. The crew was really trying to make everyone have a great cruise experience.

The scuba diving was fantastic especially in Tonga where the fish and coral were plentiful and varied. Our daughter dived multiple times in each port and found the marina staff friendly and professional.

The weather for the most part was good. I was surprised that it was not as warm as I expected. I could have used more capris and 3/4 length sleeved shirts.

I will give a full report later but will answer any questions about this itinerary(we did Fiji to Pappette).

I have to say that difference between champagne and sparkling wine would not spoil my trip, and I do like a good champagne.

Good to hear that the staff are in good spirits and looking forward to the changes.

Can't wait to read about your trip.

I am a little jet lagged but still standing. The cruise personal and customer service are still provided in great form. The champagne and other drinks still flow freely. The crew members I spoke to are cautiously excited about the change of ownership. I think the new management will put in place some nice changes for the cruise experience. For example, the bath toiletries will be 2.5 oz. L'Occitane gels and lotions.

I found more service this time than in my past 3 cruises on the PG. The crew was really trying to make everyone have a great cruise experience.

The scuba diving was fantastic especially in Tonga where the fish and coral were plentiful and varied. Our daughter dived multiple times in each port and found the marina staff friendly and professional.

The weather for the most part was good. I was surprised that it was not as warm as I expected. I could have used more capris and 3/4 length sleeved shirts.

I will give a full report later but will answer any questions about this itinerary(we did Fiji to Pappette).

I am booked on the May cruise from Fiji to Tahiti. When I go to the PG web site and try to look at the ' book excursions ' tab, I can only see the last 9 days ports listed. ( Ratonga to Tahiti ) Is there anyone who just finished the same cruise that might be able to tell me what was offered by PGC for the first 5 stops on the cruise?

JAKUEHNLE

• 4 weeks later...

Here are our favourites:

Bora Bora: stingray ballet, 4x4 trip around the island. And don't forget the private motu afternoons, which are included. Beautiful sand beach, lovely water, no washrooms

Moorea: dolphin watch with Dr. Poole, catamaran trip with snorkel. Or you can rent a car and bop around the island. Must see: the view from atop the Belvedere lookout.

....I found more service this time than in my past 3 cruises on the PG. The crew was really trying to make everyone have a great cruise experience.

Did you ever get a chance to complete your full report?

From what I recall of my cruise in 2008, it was only possible to do one dive per day (unless a night dive was also done). I am particularly interested in knowing if things have changed in this regard as you mention that your daughter was able to do more than one dive in each port. Did she book independent dive trips or make use of the PG dive team?

• 2 weeks later...
following up on dive questions - how much were the dives from PG? did you always dive with PG staff or did they outsources to local outfits?

I have an eCopy of the January - April 2010 Excursions offered by PG.

In short, most dives on various islands are One Tank @ $ 95.

A night dive is offered on Bora Bora @ $ 119 and a Two Tank in Rarotonga is $ 190.

I can Forward the Price List if you eMail me at :

Dlhamlten@comcast.net

• 1 month later...

I am strongly considering this trip from Fiji, to Tahiti. I feel this is an opportunity to try the PG. I am a diver, but my wife is a non-swimmer, so I look forwart to the diving if it is reasonably good. I talked with PGC and they indicated $50 per tank with the ship. Sound to me like this is different than some others are mentioning. I have dived in several nice places, Yap, Truk (Chuuk), Palau, Belize, etc. How does this compare? Looks like max depth is around 60 ft. ? I really would like up to date info if anyone has it.

Mike

Archived