Dancing with the officers

CaroleSS

Can anyone tell me how participants are chosen for dancing with the officers?

I know that there is a sign-up sheet, but when d we sign up and where is the sheet? Could we go to Guest Services? Are there female officers or just males?

Names are chosen from a champagne bucket - guests against officers with separate buckets for male/female guests and male/female officers.

Is this activity still happening? I know it is a source of much amusement for all but it was canned onboard the Constellation Nov-December 2012. The Cruise Director (Sue) said it wasn't being missed.

Names are chosen from a champagne bucket - guests against officers with separate buckets for male/female guests and male/female officers.

Is this activity still happening? I know it is a source of much amusement for all but it was canned onboard the Constellation Nov-December 2012. The Cruise Director (Sue) said it wasn't being missed.

I guess it is different on every ship. I was on Summit in November

and they had a LARGE group watching it. Seemed to be very well

received and everyone had fun:)....Cassie was the CD on that sailing

and she had a lot of fun being the MC. I didn't dance but I got to

be a judge:D

Had it on the Constellation Jan 25 sailing...... it was called Dancing with the Stripes.

On *T*W*O* SEPARATE cruises, I was a part of the the very first couple voted off the dancefloor and out of the competition!??! :mad: :confused: :o

I can PROVE its a conspiracy! Just like I proved there was another key to the food locker storing those strawberries! :eek: ;)

And you ALL know, I NEVER steamed over that tow line!!! :p

Well those AWFUL ninnies! How dare they vote you out! I am with you.....it's a conspiracy!

All I can hope is that they don't vote me out first.....I was always picked last in gym class, maybe I'll be picked last this time too! :p

Can anyone tell me how participants are chosen for dancing with the officers?

I know that there is a sign-up sheet, but when d we sign up and where is the sheet? Could we go to Guest Services? Are there female officers or just males?

On the Equinox at Christmastime we were up on the pool deck a good 15 minutes before the dancing competion began and one of the Cruise Director's staff was going around asking people if they wanted to dance. It turned out to be the most hilarious show I've ever seen. There was one great big hulking guy dancing with a petite woman officer and he was picking her up and twirling her around over his head. :eek: I swear she never missed a beat. It was fantastic. They had the crowd going! The grand finale was when they jumped into the pool. And oh yes, they won. ;)

I'm getting the feeling that this has less to do with actual dancing ability and more to do with 'crowd entertainment'! Would that be a fair assessment? (if so, I'm sure to win! :eek::D )

Mugging for the audience is good but it's actually useful to know how to do the steps because the officers all do. ;)

I entered this on silhouette last year, with carlos, assured by reception staff he was the best dancer, well, boy were they laughing, i got completely set up, he dragged me all over that floor, and under the judges table, while girating his hips, removing his shirt, etc, it was hilarious but certainly no formal dance affair!!! We finished with a jump lift from "dirty dancing" and I am reliably informed he can no longer participate due to a back problem!!! Poor guy.

It was so much fun though!!!

I am of the belief that these officers should be rewarded big time for their participation. How about a day off or visit to the Spa or dinner in an Alternative Restaurant? I hope they are recognized for their involvement. Celebrity is known for their officers being up front and personable. Nothing says it better than Dancing with the Stripes.

My personal goal is to keep sailing until I win first place in that event!!!:eek:

Archived