Question about Princess premium coffee card

Omnireader

Longtime lurker here with a question. My husband and I have cruised on several other lines but are taking our first Princess cruise on Ruby Princess to Mexican Riviera leaving from San Pedro on January 28. So excited!

I have a question about the Premium Coffee Card. The Princess website says the card "includes 15 hot or cold specialty coffee drinks along with unlimited brewed coffee and premium tea for the duration of the cruise." Does this mean 15 coffees PLUS "unlimited brewed coffee and premium tea," or does the limit of 15 include the brewed coffee/premium tea? My husband is a coffee drinker and I drink tea, and from what I understand we could both use the card -- is that correct?

Thanks to all you experienced Princess cruisers!

Longtime lurker here with a question. My husband and I have cruised on several other lines but are taking our first Princess cruise on Ruby Princess to Mexican Riviera leaving from San Pedro on January 28. So excited!

I have a question about the Premium Coffee Card. The Princess website says the card "includes 15 hot or cold specialty coffee drinks along with unlimited brewed coffee and premium tea for the duration of the cruise." Does this mean 15 coffees PLUS "unlimited brewed coffee and premium tea," or does the limit of 15 include the brewed coffee/premium tea? My husband is a coffee drinker and I drink tea, and from what I understand we could both use the card -- is that correct?

The punches can be used by anyone, the unlimited brewed coffee technically is for the card holder, although you probably won't have any issues ordering a coffee and a tea for both of you. As long as there are punches left on the card there is unlimited coffee/tea.

Edited by Colo Cruiser

Yes, along with = plus.

But if both of you wish to avail yourself of a brewed coffee or premium tea at the same time you should each purchase a card. In theory one card = one non-specialty coffee at a time though there certainly are reports of getting around that rule.

Also includes cold coffee/tea drinks. Some of those are really, really good.

Black Forest Freeze - chocolate/cherry/coffee - delicious and I don't like coffee.

Just to be clear, the above are considered specialty coffees that require a punch of the card. The unlimited brewed coffee feature does not include iced coffee--short of creating your own by asking for a glass of ice from the adjacent bar.

Please note that they "should" write the voyage info on the back of the card. The unlimited fresh-brewed coffee is for that voyage only. Any unused punches can be "saved" and used on subsequent Princess voyages.

I was on the regal last month and bought the card. It was such a great deal. I don't drink, so it was kind of my "Drink" card. I got blended drinks like every day and gelato. I loved the banfree banana drink the best. YUM YUM...I could go for one now lol...I didn't even end up using the whole card, have it saved for a future princess cruise one day :)

But yes it includes tea and coffee, but only if there are punches left. They only punch for speciality drinks, not for basic coffee and tea. Just make sure you don't use the card completely. Was such a deal!

The unlimited brewed coffee and premium tea are not included in the 15 specialty coffee limit for coffee cards purchased/issued on current sailing. But it will be included if used on the next voyage if not totally used on current sailing.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

The punches can be used by anyone, the unlimited brewed coffee technically is for the card holder, although you probably won't have any issues ordering a coffee and a tea for both of you. As long as there are punches left on the card there is unlimited coffee/tea.

But yes it includes tea and coffee, but only if there are punches left. They only punch for speciality drinks, not for basic coffee and tea. Just make sure you don't use the card completely. Was such a deal!

That was the old rule.

Now you can have the unlimited as long as you are on the cruise you purchased the card (as marked on the back of the card) even if all punches are used.

Edited by caribill

The unlimited brewed coffee and premium tea are not included in the 15 specialty coffee limit for coffee cards purchased/issued on current sailing. But it will be included if used on the next voyage if not totally used on current sailing.

The unlimited coffee and tea ends at the end of the cruise written on the back of the card.

Remaining punches can be used on a future cruise.

Out of curiosity can someone give me a example of their specialty coffees?. I thought coffee and tea is available in the buffet. Has something changed. Our cruise is coming up soon.

Thanks

Aside from cappuccino, we like the Banoffee Blast

Edited by easyboy

Out of curiosity can someone give me a example of their specialty coffees?. I thought coffee and tea is available in the buffet. Has something changed. Our cruise is coming up soon.

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Things like Cappacinos Lattes flavoured teas.

What are th premium teas? Would this be flavored iced teas?

QUOTE=princessme;52070800]Thank you. Sounds like it's worth it. Averages out at about $2.33 per drink. Half the price of Starbucks

Lol

What are th premium teas? Would this be flavored iced teas?

Thank you. Sounds like it's worth it. Averages out at about $2.33 per drink. Half the price of Starbucks

Lol

The premium teas are typically an assortment of Mighty Leaf teas.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Edited by IECalCruiser

Thanks

Try the Black Forest Freeze, YUM!! Coffee, cherries and chocolate with ice and blended into a slush. Whip cream on top. :D

From the menu:

Espresso,

Macchiato,

Cappuccino,

Cafe Latte,

Dark Roast,

Freshly Brewed Coffee,

Hot Chocolate

Barista Coffee Fusions:

Tiramisu To Go- cappuccino or latte

Double Chocolate Mocha Madness

Salted Caramel Strata cappuccino or latte