Key West after Irma

bonedoc18

• 3 months later...

Im not sure where your information is from, but there was almost no flooding here. Other areas of The Keys flooded, but Key West dodged the worst of the storm. With the exception of a couple hotels that are remodeling and a restaurant or two, everything is reopened and fine. You can’t really tell there was a storm.

Im not sure where your information is from, but there was almost no flooding here. Other areas of The Keys flooded, but Key West dodged the worst of the storm. With the exception of a couple hotels that are remodeling and a restaurant or two, everything is reopened and fine. You can’t really tell there was a storm.

Googled Key West Damage Irma photos

Extensive damage

Googled Key West Damage Irma photos

Extensive damage

Most of those photos must be for ***** other areas of The Keys. Key West was very lucky and had minimal structural damage. Mostly larger downed trees that did damage and a few roofs lost. I live here. There is no damage now. Go to TripAdvisor and ask on the Key West forum if you have doubts. You will hear from dozens of people who have visited recently.

We are driving down today for a couple of nights pre cruise so will post on here later. We have arrived from the U.K. yesterday and it will be our first visit to Key West.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Good Morning!

Enjoy. Looking fwd to reading your post

Why don't you start a thread on conditions in the Keys, people don't seem to believe everything is OK

I've heard many reports that Key West escaped (this is from residents) and their electricity etc. was restored very, very quickly. It is other areas of the Keys that took the big hits.

Heading down this weekend to check it out myself. Will report back.

I've heard many reports that Key West escaped (this is from residents) and their electricity etc. was restored very, very quickly. It is other areas of the Keys that took the big hits.

Heading down this weekend to check it out myself. Will report back.

As I have posted already driving down you can see the damage. We wondered around Key West yesterday and didn’t see any damage. It is very busy here!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums